supercab storage bin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im looking at getting one of these for my supercab w/o subwoofer. my question for anyone who has one is will the stock floor mat fit under the bin and be removable for cleaning purposes, or would the mat have to be cut? i probably wont get one if mat cutting is required. thanks

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the same OEM type box into my crewcab, and let me tell you it's a flimsy piece of poorly designed crap.

First, the plastic is about as thick as a disposable water bottle.

Second, the design results in a lot of wasted space. See how it looks "thick" around the sides, like it is sturdy plastic? It's actually hollow underneath, and so results in a lot of empty, flexing, unusable space. It could be about 33% bigger storage space with the same footprint if they used thicker plastic and didn't do the double wall construction.

So I'd recommend NO to the Ford product.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
looked at those. but i was told you cant remove the floor mat, and id like to be able to do that when i clean out my truck without trimming the mat. key point for me. :buffer:

All you need to do is make two small slits in the rubber mat at the corners of the lock box. The mat will lay flat on either side of the box, and curl up against the front of the box by only about a half inch. Very simple and enables the removal of the mat for cleaning.

OP
OP
FreightTerrain

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All you need to do is make two small slits in the rubber mat at the corners of the lock box. The mat will lay flat on either side of the box, and curl up against the front of the box by only about a half inch. Very simple and enables the removal of the mat for cleaning.

the other problem i have with it is doesnt appear they make one for the supercab that goes all the way across the cabin, just one that would accommodate a subwoofer, which i dont have. with the jack in there it really wouldnt provide all that much storage for me. oh well.....

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
i wish they had something like a drawer pull out type storage for those of use who have car seats in the back and dont want to constantly have to take out the car seats just to access under the seats... anyone seen or heard of such a storage device?

Zel213

Reaction score

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i wish they had something like a drawer pull out type storage for those of use who have car seats in the back and dont want to constantly have to take out the car seats just to access under the seats... anyone seen or heard of such a storage device?

Sorry.. Take out the seats? Don't know how the scab is but in my screw you just lift up the seat...

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

the other problem i have with it is doesnt appear they make one for the supercab that goes all the way across the cabin, just one that would accommodate a subwoofer, which i dont have. with the jack in there it really wouldnt provide all that much storage for me. oh well.....

Second post has a link to a tuffy fit for a scab without a sub.. So it goes all the way.

OP
OP
FreightTerrain

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry.. Take out the seats? Don't know how the scab is but in my screw you just lift up the seat...

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Second post has a link to a tuffy fit for a scab without a sub.. So it goes all the way.

the link shows a pic of a crew cab. this is the only one i could find they offer for a supercab.

Tuffy Under Rear Seat Lockbox for F-150 X-Cab