Streamlight charger center console lid mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been asked a couple of times how I mounted my streamlight charger in the center console. So I took everything apart to check for issues and took some pictures to do a little write up.

First thing is to remove the six torx screws holding the inner lid..

DSCF0103.jpg

Then remove the 4 phillips screw from the top portion of the hinge.

DSCF0102.jpg

The whole lid with come off as one piece.. Seperate the inner and outer lid and mark the mounting holes for the streamlight charger.

DSCF0097.jpg

I used a drill bit to slightly drill through the charger mounting holes and inner lid to mark the locations. Then drilled completely through the lid.. I used 3" 8/32 bolts, fender washers and nuts. (because that is what I had available to me at the time.. 1/4" would have probably have worked also.)

I bolted down the charger base to the inner lid and had a little extra bolt sticking through....

DSCF0098.jpg

I took my handy dandy klines pliers and cut the extra off the bolts.. as long as everything is lower than the foam block on the back. The inner lid will fit back on without issues.. (found that out when I first put everything together. I tried to use a fender washer and split ring lock washer. It was too thick and caused the inner liner to be pushed down.

DSCF0099.jpg
DSCF0100.jpg

Also by cutting the bolts like this it crimps the bolt so it will not back off and come loose... You could also use locktite or nylock nuts..

Routing the charger cord through the bottom left side of the lid works fine, there is no pinching and the leather has a little give in this area...

DSCF0101.jpg

Then it is a simple matter of ******** the inner lid back into place.. I also found out if you start with the 4 hinge screws first.. The the 2 torx screws closet to the latch. the lid will be lined up perfectly and go right back together..

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a similar idea, but just put it inside the console mounted with 3M stuff. Works great.

Attachments

• photo (35).jpg
    photo (35).jpg
    101 KB · Views: 190
  • photo (36).jpg
    photo (36).jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 198
OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i was going to mount mine there also, until I mounted my VHF radio there.. I figured that the MP3 holder was all but useless.. It worked out to be the perfect spot for everything (vhf radio, streamlight, and still able to use tray)

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any problems with the flashlight not staying in place I know that the mounts are pretty tight but just curious if the flashlight has come loose? Thinking of mounting mine.

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else hardwire a streamlight? I was to keep the 12v port open for when I need to use it and want to hardwire the streamlight charger.