Speaker and amp setup. Me again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which is the CORRECT setup for this stereo

2 jlaudio 10w3v3-2 w/ jl 500/1v2

OR

2 jlaudio 10w3v3-4 w/ jl 500/1v2

Im still running a lot of options through my head right now so yes another stereo question from me. Thanks for any help

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on whether you want to run 4 ohm or 2 ohm subs. The amp should work fine either way.

I'm sure Noah will correct me if I am wrong, (Which I could be) but I don't think it matters which sub you use.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
either way will work fine. the slash series amplifiers have what jl audio calls "rips" regulated internal power supply. it will give you the same power at 1.5 ohms or 4 ohms. with a dual woofer setup two 4 ohm woofers wired parallel is 2 ohms and 2 ohm woofers wired series are a 4 ohm.

OP
OP
bakkbakk

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks again

So.....

Since these 2 subs are the same price, and will both work with that amp, which one is better, the 2 or the 4 ohm one?

Also, if the 2 ohm are better, my current amp is a 2 channel amp that is stable at 4 ohms...Since you said 2 ohm speakers wired series would be 4 ohms, would that be the way to go until my old amp either broke, or I decided to spend the money on a new one.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
tough call. most good amps are 2 ohm stable. but it all depends on how long that current one will last. a 2 channel amp will only be 4 ohm stable bridged, but mono amps can take 2 or even a 1 ohm load. you will just have to get the right amp when the time comes

OP
OP
bakkbakk

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I forgot to add in the bridged part

One more and Ill quit for awhile, I promise.....

So at the same price, the 2 and the 4 ohm both have a 500 rms. The 2 ohm has a 1000 watt max and the 4 ohm has a 600 watt max.

Don't I want to go with the 2 ohm just for the higher rated peak watt?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
where ever you got that information it is incorrect. they are exactly identical. the ohms prove no advantage in sound quality or output, as long as the amplifier is capable. the higher the ohms, the less the amp has to work, thus allowing it to give better sound quality. the lower the ohm, the more power gets sent to the speaker, the more the amp has to work. however with the right equipment, it is only for wiring purposes and will not have a noticeable difference. unless you are building an sq vehicle

10W3v3-4 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Drivers - W3v3 - JL Audio

10W3v3-2 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Drivers - W3v3 - JL Audio