Shift Knob Chrome Trim Piece

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I accidently broke the chrome trim that goes around the shift knob box I guess you could say. Anybody know where I can find it or the part number on it to purchase it? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424744081.948005.jpg

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It it's cheaper to buy a new shifter. Mine wa's replaced under warranty and that is what I was told.

What??? This type of thing is a problem with many MFGs that I have owned over the years especially the euro cars. That trim piece is probably less then $10. Unfortunately I am on the extended warranty so it may not be covered will check into it and report back.

OP
OP
svt_ivan

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What??? This type of thing is a problem with many MFGs that I have owned over the years especially the euro cars. That trim piece is probably less then $10. Unfortunately I am on the extended warranty so it may not be covered will check into it and report back.

Let me know how that goes, I'm also under extended warranty.

Gilligan

Reaction score
IIRC my dealer told me there was a piece or two they had to break so they could get the old bezel off and new one on.

ETA: that was when they replaced my 2012 navigator bezel, I assume they are the same though.

Last edited:

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer replaced mine without even asking when I was there for an oil change. It had been loose since purchase.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be clear...the OP is asking about the chrome rectangle that goes around the PRNDM21 face... right? Not the actual shift HANDLE.