RPG Offroad Harness Bar Kit and RPG Custom Raptor Four-Point MasterCraft Harnesses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

I dont mean to cut this short, but we are moving to a bigger shop and i've been working 16 hour days.

In Short,
THIS IS A HARNESS BAR KIT. Designed to be used to hold Seat Belt Harnesses.. So you can run a 4 Point Harness. I don't recommend going to 5 points unless you want to cut a hole in your seat or go after market seats. WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE A OR CALL IT A ROLL CAGE PER OUR INSURANCE POLICY.

If you want a complete Bumper to Bumper Roll Cage, we have made those, but it is made very clear that your truck is no longer Street Legal... We also recommend that you patch in the sun roof (if you have one)

Any More Questions, please ask those whom already have "Harness Bar Kits"... They love them. Or come to the NEW Shop.. We have these in Stock.. SCAB & SCREW

Corey :)

JayneCobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost everyone sees this as a Bolt-in Cage and not just a Harness Bar Kit based on the fact it has a top structure that is located right by the side curtain airbag and the X brace on the roof. That and the posts on some of the forum members instagram posts and replies. There are options out there for a simple harness bar that rap around the rear seats and stay below the shoulder line and do not have possible catastrophic interference with a life saving feature such as a side airbag.

Your statement on 4 point vs 5 point harness is also very questionable because of the added safety value with a 5 point vs a 4 Point. With a 5 point seatbelt, you don't have to worry about the dangerous effect of submarining below the belts and flying through the dashboard. With a 4 point the possibility of submarining is very true, and that's why they are not allowed in desert racing or many other forms of motor sports as I'm sure you know.

Also, Raptizzle is correct that virtually every weld in cage that has been done in a Raptor has had the side airbags removed because of the dangers keeping them in.

If it's common practice in complete cages to remove all side curtain airbags, then why is it not the same logic for a much simpler cage as the Harness Bar Kit that you're producing which has a much greater chance of failure compared to full weld in cages that RPG and others have built?

I don't want to see any of our forum members get hurt because they thought this was a cage and pushed harder than they normally would have without this device.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Your statement on 4 point vs 5 point harness is also very questionable because of the added safety value with a 5 point vs a 4 Point.
There is NO question that 4/5 points in a caged truck is extremely safe, but EVERYONE needs to realize just how unsafe it is to run race harnesses in a none caged truck. The porpoise of race harness is to keep you planted and not moving from side to side or downwards, now what happens when the roof comes crashing down on you, your body has no where to go which means your heads going to get crushed(I seen it myself in Barstow and it's not pretty).
And according to Corey below, this is NOT a cage

Hey Guys and Gals,

In Short,
THIS IS A HARNESS BAR KIT. Designed to be used to hold Seat Belt Harnesses.. So you can run a 4 Point Harness. I don't recommend going to 5 points unless you want to cut a hole in your seat or go after market seats. WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE A OR CALL IT A ROLL CAGE PER OUR INSURANCE POLICY.

If you want a complete Bumper to Bumper Roll Cage, we have made those, but it is made very clear that your truck is no longer Street Legal...

Corey :)

Corey, I love almost everything you guys do over at RPG, but that was a really cute play on words where you did absolutely no explaining on why this is safe to run in an "off-road" truck

Like I said above, EVERYONE needs to realize just how unsafe it is to run race harnesses in a none caged truck and you said yourself this is not a roll cage. I'm sorry but making $ over a customers safety isn't OK with me

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Although I do agree with the customers safety being more important than making money. I disagree, Corey clearly states that it is not intended to be a roll cage. If you are driving this truck to the point of needing a roll cage you will more than likely already have one.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Although I do agree with the customers safety being more important than making money. I disagree, Corey clearly states that it is not intended to be a roll cage. If you are driving this truck to the point of needing a roll cage you will more than likely already have one.

Do you think having this "harness bar" and 4/5 point safety harnesses won't give guys a false sense of security when pushing their trucks? Don't forget rolling your truck in the dezert is just a matter of time

Now I know 90% of the guys here are smart enough to know when to hold back and not push their trucks past the limit, but what about the 10% or even worse someone's teenager out playing in Daddy's truck.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok to please the crowd I feel there should be a disclaimer stating it is not a roll cage. I think that will make everyone happy.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have met quite a few people who own raptors and I can say for the most part we all have some common sense which is ******* very rare these days in most people. All of us know that the best and proper way to build a roll cage is to have it welded to the frame, PERIOD!! The fact that RPG offers a seat belt harness thingy is good in the fact that it is better than having nothing at all, but saying that, I wouldn't feel safe to run a Baja in it at WOT, that's just not its intended purpose either. I can see people that run there raptors at the dunes and having fun might want something like this to keep there bodies more secure in their seats. Please don't hate me for having an opinion, I'm not a professional, nor am I implying to be one, just think that there is a market for every "part" out there. Let the bashing continue.........