Roush boost gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brute4s

Reaction score
Anyone with a Roush figure out a way to dim the boost gauge? I find it very distracting at night. I called the folks at Roush and they didn't have any way of dimming. They did tell me that they had heard of people tinting the face to tone down that light. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have not looked at the roush gauge but is it LED backlit? And is it mechanical or electronic? I assume its electronic so that would limit you unless they have a power feed just for the lighting. Back with the autometer gauges which had a socket and bulb with its own feed we would use a resister to dim the bulb.

OP
OP
Brute4s

Brute4s

Reaction score
As far as I can tell it's led and electronic. That's why the guys at Roush didn't know any way to dim it. All I know is its so bright it can be annoying. I thought about the tint idea but not sure how to tint something that small?

MontanaSkiRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. You can tint it with regular dark window, layer it to make it darker, fairly easy to do just takes time since it's curved. You can also get a dimmer, someone else did that on here as well. Auto Meter

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine dims just fine? Then again its the AutoMeter, but I do have the Roush Vent pod!
f64d003c-9746-4b4c-bfe6-2d4f29131067_zps1eeb3c2b.jpg

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Go to local sign shop and get them to cut you out a XX" diameter circle in the lightest translucent smoke vinyl they have.

Or order a 12"x12" sheet on eBay and cut your own circle out.

I'm not sure how dark or light it'll look on interior, but I have vinyl overlay on my stock tail lights and I kinda doubt anyone but me even notices. Might be just the ticket to cut down on brightness and is removable.

IMG_6694.jpg

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question. And I'll preface this with "I am not a smart man". What do you wire the boost gauge to? Where do I tap into? The instruction sheet I got is basically useless. Other than letting me know which wire to use for blue backlight and which one for white backlight. I'd like to mount it on the vent to the right of the steering wheel. Also how do I get the boost tubing into the engine bay? It would obviously go through the air duct right? And then what do I do with it?

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still curious what you guys tapped your wiring into if you care to give any input. I have all the routing figured out now. Just need to know what to connect my wires to

Armyraptor

Roush Raptor in Qatar
Reaction score
I am planning on installing one on mine but using the pillar mount option. I haven't had it in hand yet but I assume its just like the ambient lighting and cupholder lighting I installed in mine. Tap into the dimmer(I used the little light that shows what gear the shifter is in). use that for your power and you should be able to adjust with the interior dimming feature.