Replacement / Upgraded Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Generally speaking I don't have a problem with the stock Raptor seats. But if history is any gauge, I can expect another couple years out of the driver's side, tops. I'm 6'9" 330lbs, and no OEM seat has ever lasted more than 75k miles under me. They're just not built for the punishment a guy my size dishes out. Add to that all the off road beating I've put my truck thru, and I'd be surprised if these OEM's last 50k miles. I'm already starting to feel slop in the backrest.

With that in mind, who's 'gone there'? I know the defunct Raptor R was spec'd with Mastercraft seats, but I'm not sure which. Their Baja RS's look pretty awesome

37011.jpg

MasterCraft Safety®: Performance Seats | BajaRS Off-Road Suspension Race Seat

Their Sportsman looks pretty cool too

6264_1342_large.jpg

MasterCraft Safety®: Performance Seats | Sportsman Off-Road Suspension Race Seat

Thoughts? Experiences? Other ideas?

Last edited:

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Sparco XL's in my Raptor. I find them comfortable and they hold me in the seat.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mind throwing in some pics/specs/pricing SPR? I'd love to learn more.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
YOu swapping out the raptor lazy boy couches? The only thing i will do it swap the leather for katzkin if they ever make one for the rap.

Last edited:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those might fit you but sounds like Big J might need one seat for each leg. 6'9" Really ! BMF (big mother ******) ! It is hard to be a big man in a small mans world.

I thought about that right after I posted!

Those mastercraft seats look pretty comfortable and forgiving for the larger fellas.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big J if you buy a new Raptor Ford with throw all the seats in for free!!!!
:ROFLJest:

Those might fit you but sounds like Big J might need one seat for each leg. 6'9" Really ! BMF (big mother ******) ! It is hard to be a big man in a small mans world.
Aye it is. :shocked:

I have a pretty athletic build though, so that helps. Some. I'm a 40" pant waist, which is a good thing 'cause a few of the seats I'm looking at list that measurement as the "fits up to" spec.

The real problem might be the shoulders/chest. I wear a 56" suit...