GEN 1 Remove gear shift console cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOKLOD

Reaction score
My gear shift seems like it has build up dust, dirt, crumbs, and lord knows what else. It's beginning to stick anytime I shift down towards "M" or a lower gear. I need to take the console cover off to clean it out (hoping that's the only issue). Does anyone have any videos or instructions before I end up causing more damage than I start with? I've searched and so far I have only come up with a generic 2013 f150, not Raptor. Thanks......

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My gear shift seems like it has build up dust, dirt, crumbs, and lord knows what else. It's beginning to stick anytime I shift down towards "M" or a lower gear. I need to take the console cover off to clean it out (hoping that's the only issue). Does anyone have any videos or instructions before I end up causing more damage than I start with? I've searched and so far I have only come up with a generic 2013 f150, not Raptor. Thanks......

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f170/how-disassemble-your-truck-41787/

you wont need to do some of the steps but it should show you what to do

OP
OP
L

LOKLOD

Reaction score
Sent from somewhere in Colorado......
Thanks guys. I'll give it a shot this weekend. Looking at the videos, looks like I only need to remove the side panels to access the clips holding the main gear assembly in place.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOKLOD,
Watch for a couple of hidden screws. Take your time. I found one screw downburied in the front passenger side....after breaking a cross brace in the back,(hidden under the back of the console). Don't try and force anything and you should be fine.

Eddie