Rear weather tech mat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTblackraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a SuperCrew and also an Alaskan Malamute who loves to blow coat (shed). I have a weather tech mat in the back, what kind of velcro would be the best to keep it secure and also so it doesn't destroy my carpet when i want to take the velcro back off? I want good quality. I like my weather tech but it curls extremely bad in one corner and that is what I am trying to fix so I can protect my carpet from dog hair.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That rear weather tech mat is so big there should be no slippage. Mine does not move.

As far as the curling goes, I took a hair dryer to the my front mats that had started to curl at the ends, then turned the mats inside out and let them sit that way for a few days. Haven't had any issues since. This was done on the advice of Weathertech headquarters here in Illinois.

OP
OP
S

SVTblackraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My front mats are stock SVT mats, my back mat is a weather tech and it curls half the mat so bad that I am buying a new one and buying new OEM SVT front/rear mats so hopefully the extra weight will keep the rear weather tech down.

OP
OP
S

SVTblackraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a weather tech rear mat and new OEM SVT mats since I only received a driver SVT mat. I am not going to velcro them, I am hoping the OEM can hold down the weather tech mat. My dog sits back there so the mats will hopefully keep her nice and relaxed.

Attachments

• IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 87

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about the Aries 3D mats? Their bottom layer has a special feature that can prevent the mats from moving around.