Rear Seat Headrest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jefros

Reaction score
I dont like the limited visibility when looking back secondary to the large headrests in the rear. I was curious if anyone has thought about a solution. I was going to just put the center headrest on both sides but they have a smaller spread on the support poles:hmm:. Maybe an aftermarket headrest with a hole in the center? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Can you just remove the center one? I don't have that problem in the 2010 model cause there is no center headrest. Guess you could always have one custom made with a hole in the center.

OP
OP
J

jefros

Reaction score
Its not a problem looking straight out the back but the back sides. If I come up to a intersection that is at an angle I have a hard time looking out to see if cars are coming.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Its not a problem looking straight out the back but the back sides. If I come up to a intersection that is at an angle I have a hard time looking out to see if cars are coming.

That's when I normally use my mirrors and the new truck are equipped with a blind spot mirror which is a bonus.

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I would say the simple solution is to put a couple of 3" hotspot (round) mirrors on the side mirrors. Those things are life-savers and go on EVERY car/truck I buy within 30 minutes of delivery.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If there is no one back there and you can remove then why not just take them out? I just have my mirrors adjusted correctly and use them. The headrest don't bother me at all.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Same here. I don't have a center one, but the big side ones have never really been a problem. I think they look kinda goofy being so giant, but other than that, no issues.

Banned
Reaction score
I kinda know what he is talking about. There's one road here where mirrors, no matter where it's Positioned just don't help.

Just take the headrest off if no ones sitting there.

OP
OP
J

jefros

Reaction score
Exactly. For me its been this one road where I am making a left turn. The approach to the road is at an acute angle so I am trying to look right through the right rear headrest with no luck. Mirrors dont help. Anyways - speaking of removing the headrests...Is it it brute force or am I missing something. I can push in the release tab and pull all day but it doesn't seem to want to come out?

Banned
Reaction score
Weird, not sure bout the raptor but most vehicles I've been in the just pop out.