Lovin the Platinum Console Pad, now the door armrests?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linnwgetin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my 2013 Flame Blue SCAB Saturday. Just a few mods this weekend. The first was replacing the black rubber console lid with the Charcoal leather one for a Platinum BL3Z-1606024-BA. (the one with stitching the same color as the leather). Really nice upgrade. Now I really want the front door arm rests to be the same leather. I'm going to call the parts guy Tues to find out what it will cost for Platinum door panels. Anyone here do that? I'm sure I can get something for the essentially new Raptor panels.

How much did you pay for the new lid?? I went to my local dealer and the parts guy quoted me $383.00 for the lid!! Tell me hes full of crap!! I cant believe it would be that much.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the stealership quoted it to you right. I have seen write ups on this mod in the past and it's not a cheap piece. They have been building this console for a while check online for used ones from salvage yards. Good Luck

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it my eyes or is the color of the stitching grey rather than black to match the seats? That the only thing keeping me from doing it. I guess I could go check out a platinum at the stealership.

OP
OP
AZEngineer

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a closer look at the color. The Platinum leather is slightly lighter than the Raptor leather. The stitching is clearly lighter. The stitching on the platinum is about the same color as the leather and the stitching on the Raptor is more of true black against a charcoal gray leather.

My wife said that if I hadn't asked her opinion she would have never noticed.

The Platinum leather is soooooo much nicer on my arm that I don't care if it's slightly lighter.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a closer look at the color. The Platinum leather is slightly lighter than the Raptor leather. The stitching is clearly lighter. The stitching on the platinum is about the same color as the leather and the stitching on the Raptor is more of true black against a charcoal gray leather.

My wife said that if I hadn't asked her opinion she would have never noticed.

The Platinum leather is soooooo much nicer on my arm that I don't care if it's slightly lighter.

I'm sold.....
I just need to give up the monies.....to get one

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing this, but it might be better off to get a custom upholstery shop to do it and some other pieces in the truck with matching blue stitching (blue accent interior) and a good amount of foam for padding. The price on the parts seems high so I think an upholstery place would be fairly comparable, probably a little bit more.