Lighted cup holders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LittlEvil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trail_Rider I'm going to take a guess and say its your inverter. I bought a crappy cheap one $2.99 and a semi expensive one $12 from electroluminescent. I have been going 6 months now with no noise and no problems. When you find out the problem let us know, I'm interested in the outcome.

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I figured out the issue, the wires from the inverter are real thin vs the wires they connect to. And the quick connects seem to fit the thicker truck wires fine but are loose on the inverters wires. So I just crushed them harder and the issue was solved.

Here is a photo of the install:
cupholder.JPG

Mine seems to sit under the chrome trim more than the photos in this post and on the F150LEDS site. This is fine with me, its pretty much hidden from view when it's off and I really like it.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I came across the F150LED site last week on youtube and saw their install video. Seeing the video and what they sell, I knew it could be done way cheaper.

New 1M 2M 3M 4M 5M Colors Flexible El Wire Neon Glow Tube Lamp Light 3V 12V | eBay

I took a gamble and ordered this estimating it'd take 3ft. After reading @LittlEvil what I ordered should be perfect.

It came in the beginning of this week, but plan to install this weekend. My plan was to use hot glue gun to set the wire in place. I've recently discovered hot glue works better than epoxy or silicon in some recent projects, cools quickly and easily removed.

For what it's worth I wouldn't ever order anything from them, you can find same stuff easily on Amazon or eBay and save a boat load of cash.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Thanks again LittlEvil for the information. I followed your advice and cut the stock area down a little bit before installing the el wire. Used hot glue to attach, just went around and glued between cupholder and el wire. Snapped it all back together and quick connect on the proper wires. Love the look and matches stock lighting great! Not too bright or dim. Definitely worth the $5!

Attachments

• IMG_20150314_203352.jpg
    IMG_20150314_203352.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20150316_054524.jpg
    IMG_20150316_054524.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 162

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks again LittlEvil for the information. I followed your advice and cut the stock area down a little bit before installing the el wire. Used hot glue to attach, just went around and glued between cupholder and el wire. Snapped it all back together and quick connect on the proper wires. Love the look and matches stock lighting great! Not too bright or dim. Definitely worth the $5!

Would you mind giving me a run down of the tools and materials you used along with where you purchased them. Your Install looks the cleanest I've seen and would like to replicate that. Thsnks

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Would you mind giving me a run down of the tools and materials you used along with where you purchased them. Your Install looks the cleanest I've seen and would like to replicate that. Thsnks

This is all you need, these are options: blue/DC 12V controller/1m
New 1M 2M 3M 4M 5M Colors Flexible El Wire Neon Glow Tube Lamp Light 3V 12V | eBay

I think my install came out like everyone else, maybe angle I snapped picture this morning on way to work. Honestly just follow just like LittlEvil did, that's what I followed for mine. Only thing different is a hot glue gun, just makes easy work of attaching el wire. But adhesive is totally up to you.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is all you need, these are options: blue/DC 12V controller/1m

I think my install came out like everyone else, maybe angle I snapped picture this morning on way to work. Honestly just follow just like LittlEvil did, that's what I followed for mine. Only thing different is a hot glue gun, just makes easy work of attaching el wire. But adhesive is totally up to you.

Any issues/noise with the included inverter?