LED Footwell lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kerr477

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out which wire I need to splice into on my 2013 for my footwell lighting to come on with the dome light and or when my headlights are on. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the dome light and headlights are completely different circuits. you will need to pick one or the other. or get creative with wiring.

OP
OP
Kerr477

Kerr477

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know which wire I need to splice into for the dome light?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dome supervision. grey/purple (+) at the bcm. 12 pin plug pin 1 depending on how many lights you are going to be wiring, a relay may be needed.

OP
OP
Kerr477

Kerr477

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ygy3uged.jpg

Thanks for the help. It turned out great.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which led's did you go with? Which light did you tap into? Those are bright, loks good. Any shots from outside the truck?

OP
OP
Kerr477

Kerr477

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through DoubleAA on this Forum. The cup holder is tied into the the shifter column so I can dim it. The footwell lights are tied into dome light so they are off while driving. It was not to hard to do either.

OP
OP
Kerr477

Kerr477

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea. I thought about doing that but I didn't want to use a switch I might need later. Also it doesn't make it look like it came factory with the LED's if I had to flip a switch for them.