Leather Console Choices...Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe a leather console lid would be a nice interior mod/upgrade. It makes the interior look classier and also provides a little cushion for the elbow.

I see 3 options for me. The nice Platinum black with black stiching cover Ford Part Number: BL3Z-1606024-BA (around $300, yikes). The $75 SE cover from Raptor Custom Embroidery, or the cheap option, a $39.99 black cover from Ebay that I can get in either black or red stiching.

Some of you have been down this road, what are your opinions/ advice? I want something that looks classy.

I went with the ebay one (before I knew about raptor embroidery). Yeah, it's $40 for just the stitched slab of leather needed. You can either get it installed at a local shop or send it in to them. I think with install, padding, and shipping the cost was about $115.

I am happy with the cover. After I did it though, I believe that I saw that raptor embroidery uses the exact same leather cover and charges less overall once the cover is installed. Let alone the customization options that raptor embroidery gives. If I were to do it over again, I'd go through them. Same quality leather (which is very nice) for less money installed.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
@Raptor Embroidery are you going to be at TRR this year?

Unfortunately not, I have several higher level classes this semester at college and being out 2 days would put me behind. Last semesters wasnt that bad so I was able to show up for raptoberfest and TRR 14 week I was still in high school and had already finished all my credits so I had an easy final semester of high school.

I hate that I'm gonna miss it, its gonna be the best one yet....

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with two of the options. First I bought a custom embroidered cover that was nice quality and the stitching was nice but after installing it I was not happy with the fit. It bunched up in certain areas and the stitching wasn't very even. I'm pretty OCD so this is something not everyone would be concerned with. I ended up buying the Ford part for the Platinum edition and I am extremely happy with it. Fit and finish is perfect and looks like it was made for the interior of the truck. I shopped around and found it for $155 shipped. Well worth the money.

OP
OP
sombra

sombra

Reaction score
Hey buddy,

I have 3 options as far as console lids -

These are base prices, the more complex the logo, the more it will cost.

-Have me send embroidered leather and foam to you for a DIY install - $95 + shipping

-Send your console lid to me and have me embroider leather, add foam and install the leather : $120

-Have me order a brand new OEM console lid, embroider the leather then install it and foam. : $300

Let me know if you have any questions!

You can order the console lid here : 2010-2014 Ford Raptor Leather Console Cover &ndash; Raptor Custom Embroidery

I don't recommend going with the platinum console lid because of how expensive it is, however, I can receive them and remove the leather off of them, embroider them, then use a pneumatic stapler here at my shop to reinstall them. They only come with 1/4" foam, compared to my lids, which come 1/2" foam, they aren't as comfortable. So if you go with the platinum lid, I can add embroidery to it and then pad it with 1/2" foam.

Thank you!!

1) Can you embroider Raptor SVT Special Edition without the 3 claw marks?
2) What is the turnaround time if I send in my lid?
3) How hard is to DIY? Do many customers choose this option?

Thank you

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember if you DIY and use glue you only have one opportunity to do it right. If you don't get the Platinum version which is already shaped and wrapped and just a quick install, and go with a cover that needs to be wrapped and glued, get a pro to do it. If you're not used to working with leather, stretching it around corners, trimming it to avoid bunching, and gluing it into it's final position, it won't be perfect. I consider myself to be pretty crafty and I screwed mine up. Just my .02

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
1) Can you embroider Raptor SVT Special Edition without the 3 claw marks?
2) What is the turnaround time if I send in my lid?
3) How hard is to DIY? Do many customers choose this option?

Thank you

1. Yes as far as the combinations of logos, you can do anything. Think of it, I can do it.

2. Turn around time is 1-3 days

3. The DIY install is pretty hard. By the time you spend the money to get all the supplies you will need to do it with and get a day off work/weekend to do it, it would have cost you less and you would have already received it and I only charge $25 for the install.