Leather Console Choices...Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sombra

Reaction score
I believe a leather console lid would be a nice interior mod/upgrade. It makes the interior look classier and also provides a little cushion for the elbow.

I see 3 options for me. The nice Platinum black with black stiching cover Ford Part Number: BL3Z-1606024-BA (around $300, yikes). The $75 SE cover from Raptor Custom Embroidery, or the cheap option, a $39.99 black cover from Ebay that I can get in either black or red stiching.

Some of you have been down this road, what are your opinions/ advice? I want something that looks classy.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually was able to pick up a platinum leather lid new in box from a member for $80 recently. Much nicer than the stock and am waiting to get it back from Calder at Raptor Embroidery. I'd stay away from ebay unless you know someone whose gone that route and has positive things to say about it. A lot of members here have gone the Raptor Embroidery route with nothing but good things to say about their new leather console lid.

OP
OP
sombra

sombra

Reaction score
I actually was able to pick up a platinum leather lid new in box from a member for $80 recently. Much nicer than the stock and am waiting to get it back from Calder at Raptor Embroidery. I'd stay away from ebay unless you know someone whose gone that route and has positive things to say about it. A lot of members here have gone the Raptor Embroidery route with nothing but good things to say about their new leather console lid.

Wow, I would love to find one at that price!

D

Deleted member 12951

The one from eBay I assume just wraps around the existing unless you add some cushion? I know with Calder, he adds cushion to your existing lid. Perhaps the platinum comes with it too.

If you are going to TRR, I am pretty sure Calder will be there making custom lids again. That is where I got mine last year.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Hey buddy,

I have 3 options as far as console lids -

These are base prices, the more complex the logo, the more it will cost.

-Have me send embroidered leather and foam to you for a DIY install - $95 + shipping

-Send your console lid to me and have me embroider leather, add foam and install the leather : $120

-Have me order a brand new OEM console lid, embroider the leather then install it and foam. : $300

Let me know if you have any questions!

You can order the console lid here : 2010-2014 Ford Raptor Leather Console Cover &ndash; Raptor Custom Embroidery

I don't recommend going with the platinum console lid because of how expensive it is, however, I can receive them and remove the leather off of them, embroider them, then use a pneumatic stapler here at my shop to reinstall them. They only come with 1/4" foam, compared to my lids, which come 1/2" foam, they aren't as comfortable. So if you go with the platinum lid, I can add embroidery to it and then pad it with 1/2" foam.

Thank you!!