GEN 1 Latest interior mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give Jim Wery a call for a price quote over at the parts dept of Mathews Ford in Oregon OH. Have ordered parts from him in the past for my old Cobras (pricing was excellent btw; just tell him one of the guys over on motown muscle sent you his way).
Awesome, thanks. I appreciate that. Had some dealings over there in the past also.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, if a dog had done that to my truck he would have been praying to have been left on the road to get smashed by a bus. I would have gone totally midevil on him.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Newest interior mod thanks to this little guy.

Well done for saving the dog, OP. I'm sure your good deed will be repaid in time.

Wow, if a dog had done that to my truck he would have been praying to have been left on the road to get smashed by a bus. I would have gone totally midevil on him.

That's really not something to be proud of. It's obviously an abused dog with anxiety issues. It sucks that this happened to the truck, but it's not the dog's fault. And abusing him further would only make his issues worse.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can not cry over spilled milk. Its done. You did what a normal good hearted person should do. You did the right thing.
What I would do is google an auto upholstery, interior business in your area. I would just have the seat redone. No covers. Good luck. If you were in south Jersey are I would introduce you to a a couple guys from South America. They do a phenomenal upholstery repairs and custom interiors for a very good price. I have used them for my business.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The worst part of the whole thing is that the poor little guy was put down by our local K9 care and control. I told them on several occasions I would take him back and foster him for our rescue if they couldn't find a home for him. Brought him toys a few times even. The staff got to know us even. I went ******* ballistic when they told me they put him down. I will never take another dog there. Yeah he had issues. What abused dog doesn't? NO aggression with us or our other 4 dogs while we had him. Never again.
Forget about the truck. I can fix that. I can't fix this. Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right Truckzor, and I would never abuse an animal. However, I worked very hard to have the things I have and I would be very very upset if a strange stray animal ruined something. That's but one of the reasons I would never pick one up and put it in my truck. If the dog was indeed abused that's on the dirtbags that did it and left him for dead, it's not on me. I think it's great there are people out there that are willing to take on other peoples unwillingness to be responsible and pick up the pieces they leave behind. It's just not something that tugs a my heart strings.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
You are right Truckzor, and I would never abuse an animal. However, I worked very hard to have the things I have and I would be very very upset if a strange stray animal ruined something. That's but one of the reasons I would never pick one up and put it in my truck. If the dog was indeed abused that's on the dirtbags that did it and left him for dead, it's not on me. I think it's great there are people out there that are willing to take on other peoples unwillingness to be responsible and pick up the pieces they leave behind. It's just not something that tugs a my heart strings.

"it's on the dirtbags that did it and left him for dead"? I'm sure putting the blame in the correct spot will make an animal in that situation less afraid, hungry, alone, etc...

It's ok to show compassion for things. It doesn't make you less of a man. I don't think that dogs are necessarily people like some do, but I'll help out a critter in need if I can. It's the right thing to do. I've picked up dogs and cats here and there, it's never been NOT worth trying to help them.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's great that people have what you are calling compassion for stuff like this. I just don't. Sucks that the owners weren't responsible and the dog paid for it. That still doesn't make it a problem I need to solve. There are millions of starving children in the world. Millions of abused women. Thousands of homeless in every city in the US. You don't hear about people scooping them up and giving them a ride to the shelter. There are many reasons for that and each person has their own. Some people feel the need to be bleeding hearts about animals on the lamb or at the shelter because it's cleaner and easier than helping people in need. Those who want to contribute to society do so in their own way. Random stray animals: not my way.