iPad Pro Truck Mount Options/Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I got a cheap mount just to see how the iPad Pro would fit and work in the truck. Wow the iPad Pro is way big, I think the seat mount setup my be my best option

Just curious if it would interfere with a passenger?

Might actually just get an iPad mini for the truck

When I have a passenger, I just adjust the mount closer to me, it does not interfere with the passenger at all, at least no one has ever complained about it.

What's nice is that if I have a co-driver at events, then can adjust the mount so they are in charge of the IPad navigation.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
When I have a passenger, I just adjust the mount closer to me, it does not interfere with the passenger at all, at least no one has ever complained about it.

I have the same mount and the only time I get complaints about it is when they are getting in. I have had many people hit their knee on it. Once they are in, it isn't too bad. Its also very easy to remove the ipad mount and arm. The vertical pole remains but the big stuff is out of the way.

Desa,
Do you have yours supported in any way other than the main arm? I need to tighten all my bolts. Its got more movement in it than I would like for off road use. On road its a breeze...

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how stable the mount is with an iPad Pro in it. And I love having a "vertical pole"

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What about the 9.7" pro @Fred? I've always ran the mini on the dash and it's about perfect size but have been looking into the smaller pro now

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know it is busy, but it works for me.
Anyway, I use the RamMount seat mount setup with the extended pole and the IPad Pro ball mount. it holds up and is very sturdy.
As long as you don't accidentally grab the pistol when you meant to grab the radio mic.... or visa versa. Lol...

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same mount and the only time I get complaints about it is when they are getting in. I have had many people hit their knee on it. Once they are in, it isn't too bad. Its also very easy to remove the ipad mount and arm. The vertical pole remains but the big stuff is out of the way.

Desa,
Do you have yours supported in any way other than the main arm? I need to tighten all my bolts. Its got more movement in it than I would like for off road use. On road its a breeze...

No Movement at all . I do keep the knobs real tight. It occasionally rattles so I keep a microfiber cloth behind it to help with that. I dont think I would change a thing on the setup.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

As long as you don't accidentally grab the pistol when you meant to grab the radio mic.... or visa versa. Lol...

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

ya, it would suck to pull the wrong trigger :)

When I am off road, I move the mic to the head unit up top so that helps as well.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Magbak has a slick mount. Mini fits perfect

2f7e952cb80e6d4f928f101a2badd82f.jpga6813f8dc26c10f52680887313bd5175.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro