Ipad GPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peattie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section, if not mods can move it..

I'm looking at helping a team chase for the baja 500 and was wondering what people have done to use their iPads for a gps. I'm not looking to spend $500+ on a lowrance.

I have looked and found bad elf, that plugs into your iPad that doesn't need 4g or wifi.

A buddy also told me about lead nav thats an app that allows you to upload a course prior to hitting the desert..

Does anyone have experience with either of these? Or is there something else I should look into.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Motion X paired with the dual xgps160. Depending on location you may have to pre cache your maps though.

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is where more research comes in a lot of the apps we use for us trips may not have good maps of mx

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
leadgen.
You want an external puck that can keep up.
I have played with motion x and its fine for putting around but lost GPS lots of time

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GPS antenna

I dont trust the built-in IPad GPS antenna in the desert so I use the duel external antenna with built in bluetooth to IPad receiver...it lays in a rubber inclosed mount pad with a sticky back...

Attachments

• 9473.jpg
    9473.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 544