Interior Vinyl Wrap Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have put vinyl wrap on your center console area and center bezel, I can't find a step by step thread on how to take it all apart. Would appreciate it greatly if someone could post how to take everything off so it is easy to get the wrap on.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, my lazy ass payed to have that done. There are write ups. I think I saw them for a car stereo install, and plastadip.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I had to do it myself. several pieces just pop off by themselves.
the left vent piece on driver side pops off.
grab the back part of the shifter cup holder section and lift up. It all comes off. Make sure the truck is in neutral or the shifter hits. you then have to unbolt the whole center console and slide it back. You need to remove the console lid including the hinge. there are 2 bolts on the back by the front seats. and 4 up front.
Then you can get the 2 pieces on the side of the center stack off.
Open your glove box all the way to where it hits the floor. There are 3 copper bolts to remove the airbag. Then you can pull that main piece in front of the passenger off. Its all simple and self explanatory if you take your time.

You will need a flat head screwdriver to pry stuff and dont be afraid to pull.
-D2D8-45CE-9055-B0AA4EDB252A-8966-00000AAA9657493F.jpg-0CC4-4A6D-9CB3-6AD050FE85C9-8966-00000AAA910DE2D8.jpg

OP
OP
bcjohnson22

bcjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to do it myself. several pieces just pop off by themselves.
the left vent piece on driver side pops off.
grab the back part of the shifter cup holder section and lift up. It all comes off. Make sure the truck is in neutral or the shifter hits. you then have to unbolt the whole center console and slide it back. You need to remove the console lid including the hinge. there are 2 bolts on the back by the front seats. and 4 up front.
Then you can get the 2 pieces on the side of the center stack off.
Open your glove box all the way to where it hits the floor. There are 3 copper bolts to remove the airbag. Then you can pull that main piece in front of the passenger off. Its all simple and self explanatory if you take your time.

You will need a flat head screwdriver to pry stuff and dont be afraid to pull.
-D2D8-45CE-9055-B0AA4EDB252A-8966-00000AAA9657493F.jpg-0CC4-4A6D-9CB3-6AD050FE85C9-8966-00000AAA910DE2D8.jpg

Thanks a lot man. All I want to do is the center spot with the shifter, cup holders, and aux switches, and the center bezel with the nav screen and all of that. How do you get the nav screen piece off?

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot man. All I want to do is the center spot with the shifter, cup holders, and aux switches, and the center bezel with the nav screen and all of that. How do you get the nav screen piece off?

Look under the vendor section (The Car Stereo Company) there is a thread of the Nav Tv install and it has a video on how to disassemble the dash including the nav screen piece.

OP
OP
bcjohnson22

bcjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look under the vendor section (The Car Stereo Company) there is a thread of the Nav Tv install and it has a video on how to disassemble the dash including the nav screen piece.

I haven't been able to find this thread. If someone has the link to it that would be great.