Interior Squeaks and Rattles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gained a lot of interior squeaks and rattles after my trip to Mexico, and I have pinpointed a few of them. My drivers door panel seems to be loose and rattles while running wash board, my beer window squeaks when its closed but not when its open, and I have a squeak coming from my passengers side rear door. I know the beer window and passenger side are from dust working its way into mechanisms and I'm sure they need to be throughly cleaned.

What are some of the common squeaks and rattles that you are finding and what was your solution to fix them?

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got an annoying rattle above the headliner and above the rear slider. I guess behind the 3rd brake light area.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More wheelin' = more rattles.

Turn up the radio or call Noah for a sound system upgrade.....

If I wanted to hear my truck rattle like a tin can, I would have bought a Defender.

I did find that the door panels are a loose fit. I pulled them off and put some VHB tape (the same tape that holds on exterior molding) around the edges, put the panels back on, and stuck the panels to the door. Door panel rattles fixed.

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot me a DM if you want, I've fixed countless rattles in my rig- it's a constant struggle and I think I have a fix for your door panel rattle.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in too. Rattles irk the shit out of me. Going to be deadening my truck soon, so I might as well fix some known issues at the same time. Keep us posted on your rattle fixes.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i road killed my interior (like Dynamat), pulled everything out, then went to town on it. not a single squeak or rattle (other than my 3.5's clicking away out back).

It's about $300 in material, or a total of around $1200 if you have a stereo shop do it. when I shut the door now it sounds like a Mercedes.

pics:

20140514_140900_zpso8efdndg.jpg

20140514_140944_zps2qxr1u2a.jpg

IMG_3885_zps55fb852e.jpg

20140515_171138_zpsnxw3oku3.jpg