Interior Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone out there in Raptor Land has owned a 2010 and then upgraded to a 2013? If so, has anyone noticed a significant change in teh interior quality? My 2010 had extremely comfortable seats, long in the seat portion and they appeared to be heavier in the leather content. I initially thought it was because I have the blue accent interior and the seat may have changed. I found out this past weekend that was not the case as I sat in a 2013 with the regular black, interior. If memory serves me correct, my 2010 just felt a bit more comfortable and also felt like a heavier, better quality leather. Any thoughts or comparisons?

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a Raptor but I had a '08 FX4 and the seats and leather quality blows away, absolutely destroys my '13 Raptor. My FX4 had thicker leather, more robust stitching, and larger more comfortable seats. I still like my Raptor but the quality is not nearly as nice as my old FX4..I miss her

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came from a 06 super duty. The leather does feel thinner than my SD. The SD leather lasted a long time, though. When it wears out, I just redo the interior. There are plenty of suppliers, but the best value I have found is Custom Leather Seats, Auto Upholstery, Car Leather Upholstery, Truck Leather Upholstery, Leather Seat Covers, Auto Interiors by LeatherSeats.com. The upholstery was relatively easy to install, all the pieces were there and the leather was the proper color. I was also able to order stuff like different color thread, piping, and perforations. I was really happy when I saw the seat covers. I admittedly put it in just before I sold it. One of those, I am going to do this, then oh wait, a new shiny thing, moments

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a '10 Raptor and got rid of it for a '13. To be honest, I didn't really notice much difference. For as expensive as this truck is, the seat material has always been kind of lacking in my opinion.