Interest in LED lit RCE Console Lid!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
u6eze6yz.jpg

Hey guys! Got fed up with another thing on the Raptor. (Thats how I started Raptor Custom Embroidery... Ugly center console was pissing me off) You can't see in your center console!! So I am working on a solution and will offer it to you guys very soon! Colors will be green, red, white, and blue!

All connections will be soldered and heat shrunk and LEDs will be secured with clear silicone and you won't see it at all.

Post below if you are interested in me incorporating Vision-x LEDs into your console lid! These are some cheap 4 led pods from auto zone I wanted to use to test this little idea I had. I will offer these to people that do and don't want my embroidered custom leather on their console also. Here is a sample of what it would look like (except for the angle of the Leds.) I'll aim them straight into the center of the console and include instructions for installation!
9e7anypy.jpg
havegara.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one of the differences in the 2014 is that they did put a light in the center console. not very bright, but enough to see in there. i have modded mine already as well.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
LEDs are on the way! I already have an idea for a momentary switch that makes contact with the console when closed. Once opened, it will complete the circuit and bam! Lit up console!

Haha I'm doing 3 LEDs in mine, red white and blue! That will be an option of course! And I will do up to 4 LEDs minimum of 1 of course.

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

one of the differences in the 2014 is that they did put a light in the center console. not very bright, but enough to see in there. i have modded mine already as well.

Sweet! Where is the light mounted on the 2014?

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
the are mounted in the little half circle in the rear of the center console just under where the tray bottom is

There is a place for that on my 2011. There is also a slot under there that would allow me to run the wire for a clean install

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i ran a pure white led strip in there, but i may use rgb leds instead if i decide i want to mess with it again. i have to pull the center console again soon so i just might get a wild hair

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
i ran a pure white led strip in there, but i may use rgb leds instead if i decide i want to mess with it again. i have to pull the center console again soon so i just might get a wild hair

Sweet man! I might hit you up for help getting started but I actually have a complete picture for everything.
1. Led rivets
2. 4 color
3. Found out I can install only 3 leds not 4. (Mounting area is tight)
4. Found a spot for the switch
5. Found a place for power

How do you remove the trim piece that is around the rear vent area that has the 12v outlet, 110 outlet, and 2 rear passenger air vents on the back of the console? If that comes off easy I'll be able to supply T-taps with the kit to tap power off of the rear 12v outlet. If not, there is always the shifter lights

Edit: take console lid off. Use flat head screw drive to pop the top silver trim piece that goes along the top of the console, remove 7mm bolts, pull the rear of the console off.

vujaqa8a.jpg

Last edited: