Help With Covers (Seats/Car)

So Which Custom Cover Should I Get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was just wanting to get some help and some general advice on two things: a set of seat covers and a custom truck cover.

First off, for seat covers I have been looking at the Coverking Ballistic Tacticals (Black) and the Coverking Kryptek Ballistic Tactical (Typhon)

For starters, I would like to know the correct choice for 1st row as in: 40/20/40 specifically as the picture demonstrates, what do I choose?

Also, the reason why I am getting these are because as much as I love my blue interior I suffered my first superficial leather scratch on Wally and I nearly lost it. He's getting new running boards and rocker panels sprayed in XS-350 (Line-X) soon so its not that I am super **** about getting Wally dirty or going out but the interior is a no-bueno area to damage for me.
And just curious, should I go with the basic Black or Kryptek? Kryptek looks ugly to me but just like the Terrain color, it might look better in person.
---

Second, I am interested in a Custom Cover because Wally sits out in the sun and I'd like to also keep those pesky bird droppings away.

My initial interest is in the covers provided by carcoversdirect.com

So here they are: 1st Choice (WeatherShield HD), 2nd Choice (Technalon), and 3rd Choice (NOAH) Also attached are pictures of them.

So please provide me ya'lls opinions on this. I'd like to have stuff ordered and inbound for me as soon as possible. Thanks for your time and interest peeps!

-Tommy

Attachments

• [Seat Cover].jpg
    [Seat Cover].jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 97
  • [Truck Cover 1].jpg
    [Truck Cover 1].jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 69
  • [Truck Cover 2].jpg
    [Truck Cover 2].jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 77
  • [Truck Cover 3].jpg
    [Truck Cover 3].jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 70
  • After Service.jpg
    After Service.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
New Guy

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Lol!

Haha that's funny Busa but I would really like your opinion.

So could everyone please provide me with an honest take of the aforementioned choices?

I have looked into Neoprene but as some state, it does retain heat more in the summer and it's pretty hot where I am. That, and I do a lot of shooting and range trips so it'd only be more convenient to not have to worry about my interior when I jump in and out with a web belt.

(Oh and please do not call me a mall-ninja, I am active duty Navy)

OP
OP
New Guy

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seat Cover

Sorry for the double post but again, this seating size/spec question is what's really holding me back.

Which choice do I choose?

Attachments

• [Seat Help].jpg
    [Seat Help].jpg
    35 KB · Views: 68

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just custom ordered a California Car Cover. Should be here in about 2 weeks. I'll let you know how I like it. I liked Gordon's cover a lot and that's where I got the idea from. Plus mine stays outside. My truck is my weekend pleasure cruiser/joy toy. I like my stuff spotless. It gets exhausting having to wash my fleet every weekend.

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wet Okole seat covers are top notch.
I have them in my Honda Civic.

They are neoprene and they are not hot in the summer.
Actually my Wet Okole covers are all black and they do not hold heat or give off heat at all. I have had them for 3 years and they still look like new.
They are custom made for any vehicle so they fit like a glove.
They are VERY comfortable too.

Since they offer so many colors, they will send you neoprene color samples in the mail if you request them.

Plus the armrest and head rest covers are included in the seat covers.

They did the install for free too. ( I live in SoCal )

Click HERE

Last edited:

Captain CABO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wet Okole seat covers are top notch.
I have them in my Honda Civic.

They are neoprene and they are not hot in the summer.
Actually my Wet Okole covers are all black and they do not hold heat or give off heat at all. I have had them for 3 years and they still look like new.
They are custom made for any vehicle so they fit like a glove.
They are VERY comfortable too.

Since they offer so many colors, they will send you neoprene color samples in the mail if you request them.

Plus the armrest and head rest covers are included in the seat covers.

They did the install for free too. ( I live in SoCal )

Click HERE

Wet Okole covers are awesome! I put a set of camo covers in my chicks Jeep and they are great. Even had them put in the gun holsters in the front two seats, worked out perfect! Highly recommended

Jobsitefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this was not on your list but I wanted to suggest something else.

I love my Coverking neoprene seat covers. I ordered from Autoanything and they are very good. It gets really hot around here (Houston, TX) and I have not had any issues. As long as you have tinted windows you are good to go.

I wanted neoprene because I do a lot of fishing and trips to the beach.

They are comfortable and the fitment is great. It looks like a factory seat. I ordered the black with gray. They look really good on the truck and are fairly easy to install and remove. To be fair only the large back seat can give you some issues due to the fact that seats don't fold down, so you you have to squeeze the material through the gap between the seat and back wall.

Surprisingly they are not that expensive either. I got them about 2-3 weeks after I placed the order.

I can get you some pictures tomorrow if need them.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this was not on your list but I wanted to suggest something else.

I love my Coverking neoprene seat covers. I ordered from Autoanything and they are very good. It gets really hot around here (Houston, TX) and I have not had any issues. As long as you have tinted windows you are good to go.

when you ordered did they have a raptor option. or was it the f150 bucket option. i have been searching for seat covers and not found the raptor specific option.