GEN 1 Headliner insulation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billj214

Reaction score
Added headliner insulation since I noticed there was none, I live in Phoenix this is a must have!

Bought a roll of 4'x8' but only need 26" x 50" to fill the rear cab area since the sunroof is up front. Total installation time = 30 minutes - Remove two rear roof clips, both side hanger holders and top door trim, cut and tuck. Had to unscrew center bracket for sunroof support and unclip a few wires.

Link to insulation used HERE.

2017-02-24%2009.59.06.jpg

Grunzen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was there room/or clearance for the insulation all the way forward to the sunroof opening? My sunroof track broke and I'll be replacing those parts soon and wanted to put sound deadener up there while I had it opened up.

OP
OP
billj214

billj214

Reaction score
The insulation was installed up as far as I could without hitting sunroof slide, it's 26" which is max. I haven't noticed a noise difference yet but I plan on dynomatting doors next week. Now that you mention it I may run test with a MIC to see if I can decipher the difference.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did 2 layers of Dynamat Extreme on the roof of my SCab two weeks after I bought the truck. It makes all the difference in the world as far as cabin noise.

- Travis