Front Door Panel Removal Trick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all! Thought I would share a useful tip I've learned from all the times I've taken my front door panels off- whether it be rattles, squeaks, insulation or inserting hush mat... I have come up with a way to remove the front panel without the need of a "trim tool" that I know some of us don't have.

This obviously applies to the portion of the removal when you have to take off the trim piece behind the door opening mechanism on the inside. It's a pain in the @$$ if you haven't done it before and even then, can prove to still be a pain.

You will need:

A dog leash

See pictures below, sorry if they're side ways I'm on my iPhone right now.

Take the spring loaded part that you hook to the dog collar, open the handle and pull the spring latch open with your thumb on the leash. Once it's hooked around the plastic corner, pull it out. Flawlessly comes out and in the 20+ times I've done it, have never broken any plastic. I know it's a bid odd, but hey it works. Hope this helps some of you in the future!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a better picture of how you hook it into the plastic part (shown with the piece out obviously)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 157

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, looks like that would work pretty well. What I did for that piece was take an old butter knife and bent the tip over 90 degrees in a vice. Slide it in on the front edge, a quick tug and it pops right off.