Fridge installed inside the cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So as the title reads, has anyone installed a fridge such as an ARB, Engle, Edge Star, ect inside the cab of our trucks?

I come from more of an expo and RC background so I'm trying to tie in a fridge from a previous 4Runner build.

I realize there's easy power access from the 12v plug in the back of the center console, but I wonder how long the battery would last without charging (such as camp set up for a few days?) in the previous build I had installed a second battery, but without putting it in the bed (which I don't want to do for storage reasons) it doesn't seam like there's a great way of doing that under the hood.

There's also the question of mounting securely for safety reasons.

Does anyone have any insight or pics?

This is a great way to at least keep beer cold for after a fun trail run.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
cbs001 has a cool setup, built a rack over the rear seat in the scab.

I've ran my ARB on the back seat with a strap under the seat and it worked well in Colorado but it wouldn't hold up in Baja. Trying to come up with a good alternative.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a Dometic that sits on the back seat for trips. The fridge will keep running if the truck is driven for a few hours each day. Last year when we were in Oregon we found that we weren't driving enough to keep the battery topped up enough to keep the fridge running. Have addressed that for this year's trip with a 30W solar set up with trickle charger for when the truck is parked - won't run the fridge indefinitely but should be enough for us, if not I can add another 15-30W with extra panels. Will post photos once I get everything installed.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok this looks cool, I was thinking about doing something similar but with removing the rear seats. Do you have any more pictures of the rack @cbs001?

8408-arb-fridge-mount.jpg

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
There's the picture I couldn't find! Since I have the screw I'm thinking of having it on the drivers side with the seat folded up. Just have to figure out how to mount it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rack is removable and has been bullet proof over the past two years with over 4000 off road miles. I will search for more pics.

Attachments

• ARB 2.jpg
    ARB 2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 246