Fold down rear seat area converted to gun storage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone converted the empty space behind their rear seat for gun or other storage uses? I'm trying to get some ideas for a project.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it better be very small. the crewcab seat when folded up takes up a lot of space back the due to the pivot points and mechanism. if you do something behind the seat, be prepared to not have your seat bottom fold all the way up. there is less than 4" space back there with the bottom up

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it better be very small. the crewcab seat when folded up takes up a lot of space back the due to the pivot points and mechanism. if you do something behind the seat, be prepared to not have your seat bottom fold all the way up. there is less than 4" space back there with the bottom up

Even your guns aren't 4 inches wide.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

Has anyone converted the empty space behind their rear seat for gun or other storage uses? I'm trying to get some ideas for a project.

Search for the backseat latch mod. An AR or shotgun will fit back there fine. Or you can go full tactical and get a MOLLE panel. But only the coolest people mount machete's.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's enough room back there for a full size rifle (mine has iron sights only) and 1 magazine in a zip up soft case.

The stock sits upside down on the subwoofer side (front sight down on the driver side) and the huge cab bolts keep it from going anywhere. I.e. when the seat back goes up it can't be removed without folding the seat back down.

The seats still function and you can gain easy access to that area by drilling a hole in the latch pin and hanging some cord off of the latch.

With some practice you can go from at the wheel to at the ready in less than 15 sec.

I also keep a First aid kit and a small spetznaz shovel back there.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's enough room back there for a full size rifle (mine has iron sights only) and 1 magazine in a zip up soft case.

The stock sits upside down on the subwoofer side (front sight down on the driver side) and the huge cab bolts keep it from going anywhere. I.e. when the seat back goes up it can't be removed without folding the seat back down.

The seats still function and you can gain easy access to that area by drilling a hole in the latch pin and hanging some cord off of the latch.

With some practice you can go from at the wheel to at the ready in less than 15 sec.

Sounds like a nice setup. Do you have any pics?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=929496
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even your guns aren't 4 inches wide.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

Search for the backseat latch mod. An AR or shotgun will fit back there fine. Or you can go full tactical and get a MOLLE panel. But only the coolest people mount machete's.
yes, but if you are trying to make a permanent mount of some kind, you will run ou of room real quick.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree, cool idea. Not only a pic, but step by step pics would be awesome.