Extra Accessory/Light Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I don't post often, but I am on here daily. I have been in conversation with company in California called S-Pod. They currently have switch systems for Jeep and Toyota, but nothing for the Raptor. I really like their system of switch controls all pre-wired with an easy to hook up Source unit under the hood that has relays/fuses all integrated and OEM looking. They would be willing to design a Raptor specific mount that would attach to the fender bolts on passenger side near the hood strut and extend out over the a/c lines. Their system includes 6 40 amp relays and comes with 3 15A and 3 30A fuses.
They just want to know that more than 2 or 3 people would be interested as its quite expensive to r&d and produce.

If any of you guys would be interested, please post your thoughts on this thread so we can get a better idea of the interest. S-Pod link follows:

4x4 SPOD Since 2005 - The ORIGINAL JEEP Over The Windshield Switch Console - Jeep Power Distribution System

Btw, I am looking at a set of switches (3 above/3 below stacked in the area right above the emergency brake release handle.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I don't post often, but I am on here daily. I have been in conversation with company in California called S-Pod. They currently have switch systems for Jeep and Toyota, but nothing for the Raptor. I really like their system of switch controls all pre-wired with an easy to hook up Source unit under the hood that has relays/fuses all integrated and OEM looking. They would be willing to design a Raptor specific mount that would attach to the fender bolts on passenger side near the hood strut and extend out over the a/c lines. Their system includes 6 40 amp relays and comes with 3 15A and 3 30A fuses.
They just want to know that more than 2 or 3 people would be interested as its quite expensive to r&d and produce.

If any of you guys would be interested, please post your thoughts on this thread so we can get a better idea of the interest. S-Pod link follows:

4x4 SPOD Since 2005 - The ORIGINAL JEEP Over The Windshield Switch Console - Jeep Power Distribution System

Btw, I am looking at a set of switches (3 above/3 below stacked in the area right above the emergency brake release handle.

No need , were all doing it, and not nearly the cost of what they probably want, plus with all the FRF members willing to help one an other out, it's all at you fingers.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f10/cleanest-2nd-aux-switch-pack-install-yet-26213/

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/extra-aux-switches-anyone-24065/index10.html

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f170/%A1m%E1s-factory-upfitters-easy-access-wiring-30527/

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

are you talking about something like this?

Dame Noah, your quik, lol.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, this forum and all the questions is like a second job. i just happen to see this now

Like I said yesterday, you work to much, if it's not the company, its the forum, but I have to say THANK YOU, If it weren't for people like you, we'd be screwed.That's what makes this forum so great, we all have some kind of skill, and every one is willing to trade off and teach others.

OP
OP
RaptorBri

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Noah, yes.... That's the look!

J- I've seen all those threads and know those processes very well. Honestly.... A big pita IMO. I'd really like one professionally built box, strategically mounted under the hood with one harness going to the switches that are all pre wired.....Simple! Yes it's going to be more expensive, but so much nicer to install....and easy to work on :)

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Noah, yes.... That's the look!

J- I've seen all those threads and know those processes very well. Honestly.... A big pita IMO. I'd really like one professionally built box, strategically mounted under the hood with one harness going to the switches that are all pre wired.....Simple! Yes it's going to be more expensive, but so much nicer to install....and easy to work on :)

Very understandable, but if you have the skill, build it yourself for 1/4 of the price, and the satisfaction of doing it yourself. All it is , a little of everything here, and having someone do it for you. To each there own, nothing wrong with it.

OP
OP
RaptorBri

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just don't have the time J! Electronics is my background hahaha...... I'm at a point in my life I need to make things easier. I've done all my mods myself to date including replacing the leafs twice by myself and all suspension etc. just looking for an uncomplicated solution. I can't imagine Raptor owners without any electrical experience tackling or attempting this job..... I know there are a few, but most would not! Wouldn't they all just like an easy plug and play system for adding extra switches?

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just don't have the time J! Electronics is my background hahaha...... I'm at a point in my life I need to make things easier. I've done all my mods myself to date including replacing the leafs twice by myself and all suspension etc. just looking for an uncomplicated solution. I can't imagine Raptor owners without any electrical experience tackling or attempting this job..... I know there are a few, but most would not! Wouldn't they all just like an easy plug and play system for adding extra switches?

Your 100% correct, Im so use to doing everything my self, or asking and learning, I forget that there are some who don't know, or want to know and or tackle certain things, so I have to take a step back and think along your lines at times.
Now this may be a long shot, but what about Blue Sea systems, hell they make all kinds of stuff for boats, maybe something that can be altered for your use.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in reality,the biggest difference is cutting in the switches. i cut 8 individual ones, where you are looking to cut only one big plate. and wiring up the 3 terminals on each switch. you are running wires already so that going to be the same regardless. you need to pass wires through the firewall, you will need to make the connections under the hood, so that wont change either. you still need a power source and ground for the light in the switch. there really isnt much difference in time when you compare the two.

for me on this forum, im all about getting people to do their own stuff when they can. i believe this is one of those mods that can be done in not much more time than if you were to buy a kit