door panel creak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't tell if it's coming from the front or rear driver side door, but getting a subtle creak when hitting bumps that is starting to drive me crazy. What would be the best way to eliminate?

Thought about just putting tape where the panel contacts the metal of the door, but that seems a bit redneck (been accused of that more than a few times). A buddy that restores muscle cars says he glues small o-rings to the panel where the panel clips into the door or hardware passes through.

Also thought about dynamat,but don't know much about it.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the same issue. I had no clue where it was coming from. I realized my door pocket on my driver side fit was a tad loose and the center support would hit the actual pocket interior when I hit a bump. (pasenger side is tight with out any play) I slid a small piece of velcro tape in there and have never heard it since.

OP
OP
nsdq3

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks. I can't find anything noticeably loose. On the upper left corner of the driver's door it will creak and crackle when I push on it, but that's it. Guess I'll start there.

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have something similar, however my will make noise with sound from speakers as well. I feel like it is something loose inside the door. Maybe the lock mechanism rattling

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most people that complain about door creaks on the Raptor find out that it comes from the upper seat belt strap ? area. It's adjustable and can make a ton of noise.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a strange rattle that wouldn't go away unless it was warm. It sounds like a plastic door panel rattling against metal but it turned out to be the plastic sheet that it held to door with glue was falling off and laying against the panel when it was cold. The cold caused the glue not to stick. But as soon as it got warm it was nice and tacky again and the rattle would go away. I removed the glue and applied some 3m double sided tape and then put foam in between the plastic sheet and the panel. No rattles since.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 103

Nodak_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a strange rattle that wouldn't go away unless it was warm. It sounds like a plastic door panel rattling against metal but it turned out to be the plastic sheet that it held to door with glue was falling off and laying against the panel when it was cold. The cold caused the glue not to stick. But as soon as it got warm it was nice and tacky again and the rattle would go away. I removed the glue and applied some 3m double sided tape and then put foam in between the plastic sheet and the panel. No rattles since.

Wow this sounds and looks like exactly what could be going on in my passenger door. Problem is it has been too cold out to pull door panels off without snapping some brittle plastic :(

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow this sounds and looks like exactly what could be going on in my passenger door. Problem is it has been too cold out to pull door panels off without snapping some brittle plastic :(

I only had in the driver side. Did both for good measure. The panels actually come off easier than any others I've removed. Here is the video I used as a guideline. This guy is doing it in the snow lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXn_RCaQr1M

ModFreaksRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn I was hoping this thread was the answer to the creaking noise my truck is making above the window on the drivers side door. After reading a bit I think mine is related to the install of my light bar as I had to drill into the cab to mount it. The noise is driving me nuts, when it rains the noise isn't as loud but when it's dry out I get it every time I hit a bump. I can't figure it out. FML!

MF RAPTOR

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn I was hoping this thread was the answer to the creaking noise my truck is making above the window on the drivers side door. After reading a bit I think mine is related to the install of my light bar as I had to drill into the cab to mount it. The noise is driving me nuts, when it rains the noise isn't as loud but when it's dry out I get it every time I hit a bump. I can't figure it out. FML!

MF RAPTOR

I had a similar noise on the drivers side and i dont have an overhead light set up. It turned out to be the pivot point on my drivers side mirror mount that would rub whenever i hit a bump. i put some ice wax(bike chain lube) on both surfaces that touch and it went away. The noise would go away in the rain on mine as well. Probably not your issue but i thought i would share.