A different way to use the Outlaw Raptor GPS dash mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe how well all this fits together. Almost like it was made to.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Here's the parts list:
Outlaw Raptor 76000 Lowrance GPS Dash Mount @ $99.99
ORP 76000 LOWRANCE GPS Mount | Outlaw Raptor

Lenovo Ideapad A1 @ $199.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad A1 tablet

MoKo Folding Cover Case for Lenovo IdeaPad A1 @ $17.99
Amazon.com: MoKo(TM) Premium Folding Cover Case with Stand for Lenovo IdeaPad A1 Android Tablet, BLACK: Electronics

I'll get hot and heavy in a new thread someday soon regarding software (I'm still experimenting), but I really like the direction this is heading.

To make it fit as well as it does, the only couple of tricks is to offset mount the arms to the front plate. This creates damn near the exact right amount of clearance
5.jpg

6.jpg

And then to keep the bottom from flopping around, I looped the elastic strap around the back then over the flap thru the face plate's big hole. Kind of hard to describe, but here's the end result

7.jpg

8.jpg

So as seen, you're looking at around $320 in hardware. I have another possible idea on order that knocks that number down to $265, but it depends on a suction cup mount (I've never been a fan). Either way, we're talking a solution that would seem to be incredibly cost effective given the power it brings to the table.

What do ya think?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The A1 is a 7" screen tablet, and the iPad is 10". I don't think I'd try to make the iPad work with this mount, or even in this spot to be honest. The mount and 7" already take up enough windshield visibility. I wouldn't want to give up much more with something larger like the iPad.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That mount location I have cussed at it more than once. My Baja is there and there are times I really hate how much room it takes up. Then you pull up somewhere and people see all the shiny things inside,,,, priceless... thanks Mastercard,,,,