Dechromed the console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got rid of the chrome on the shifter, surround, and cup holders. Pulling it apart was super simple, and used the same rustoleum "soft iron" as I used for the tailgate emblem.

Attachments

• IMG_2058.JPG
    IMG_2058.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 445

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got rid of the chrome on the shifter, surround, and cup holders. Pulling it apart was super simple, and used the same rustoleum "soft iron" as I used for the tailgate emblem.

Looks great! Now all you need is one of those custom laser etched AUX switch covers that Calder (Raptor Embroidery) is producing. And no, I'm not a paid spokesperson. :)

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Nice. I hate the chrome. Last things left are the knobs for radio and HVAC. You planning to tackle those?

OP
OP
aR4CE

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hadn't seen those yet-- does he have a website?

Looks great! Now all you need is one of those custom laser etched AUX switch covers that Calder (Raptor Embroidery) is producing. And no, I'm not a paid spokesperson. :)

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

I did the ones on my mustang before, so if they pull off the same way, that might be the next step.

I'll report back

Nice. I hate the chrome. Last things left are the knobs for radio and HVAC. You planning to tackle those?

MILRTME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soooo lol seen you guys hating on chrome so just thought I'd throw this up here! Enjoy!53eb6eb303a1dff569a2953854662bb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
aR4CE

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The chrome looks ok (to each his own), but my biggest complaint inside the cabin is glare. Always seems to hit when I'm on a straight road at noon for hours. No more putting a hat on the shifter.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score

MILRTME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The chrome looks ok (to each his own), but my biggest complaint inside the cabin is glare. Always seems to hit when I'm on a straight road at noon for hours. No more putting a hat on the shifter.

I do understand the glare, and I do think not having chrome would look good, just personal preference, if you do end up getting rid of all the chrome please post pics I'd like to see how it looked as that was my first choice before deciding to just add more to tie it all together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk