Color question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what color the trim piece of the later model upfitter switches is called? I actually think its the same color of the fender flares but I cant tell. I'm thinking about painting the two chrome bezels on the shifter column to match it, trying to figure out where to get it or come close.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
The black color or the lighter grey? the color depends on the year and whether or not you have the interior accent package

OP
OP
T

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• DSC02786.jpg
    DSC02786.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've always thought it looked darker than the fender flares. Plus the flake in it is extreme. I think it's closer to the exterior emblems than anything.

OP
OP
T

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're probably right. I'd just like to get a color code on it either that or try to find somethin that would match it really well. preferably something in a rattle can =P

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take your switches off then take it to one of those automotive paint scanners, they can match a color pretty close atleast.

OP
OP
T

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take your switches off then take it to one of those automotive paint scanners, they can match a color pretty close atleast.

An automotive paint scanner?? I've honestly never heard of that. I'll assume its like the home depot/lowes version of a home paint scanner. Pepboys? Autozone? I've never seen one then again never was looking for one. I do like this idea though :D

OP
OP
T

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken Napa does it

Cool! I'll have to try to find one near me....gosh the closest one maybe in the city. I'll call them up before I go, Thanks for the idea! I just hope I can get the color in some kind of spray can.

Its a shame I saw what I want done someplace....Might have been google images it looked AWESOME But I never could find out where the picture came from.