Ambient Lighting Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericwestbygod

Reaction score
When installing cup holder ambient lighting or floor wells should you tap into wiring or use the any of the Aux upfitter switches? Many thanks

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can use the ignition if you want. but then it would always be on when the truck is on. the aux switch would be nice if you can afford to spare one.

Archon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ambient

I would think you could tie in to the auto headlight wiring so they kick on with the headlights/dash like in the factory ambient lighting systems

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Somebody tied into the light dimmer. Seems the smartest. $0.02

I wish I was driving right now.

wolfnnc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont tap a wire...just get a piggy back fuse like one of these:

2X Add A Circuit Fuse Tap Piggy Back Blade Fuse Holder JY | eBay

Find the fuse that controls the dome lights or shifter light under the dashboard and replace it with one of these, add an extra fuse for your lighting...no tapping wires.

There is also a fuse under the dashboard specifically reserved for Ambient lighting, but since our truck does not have it...its doesnt do anything...fuse #21 I think...because last night I used I installed one of these piggy back fuses and ran my radio and lowrance system off it...quick and easy.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dont tap a wire...just get a piggy back fuse like one of these:

2X Add A Circuit Fuse Tap Piggy Back Blade Fuse Holder JY | eBay

Find the fuse that controls the dome lights or shifter light under the dashboard and replace it with one of these, add an extra fuse for your lighting...no tapping wires.

There is also a fuse under the dashboard specifically reserved for Ambient lighting, but since our truck does not have it...its doesnt do anything...fuse #21 I think...because last night I used I installed one of these piggy back fuses and ran my radio and lowrance system off it...quick and easy.

If you would could you tell exactly where this fuse is please? thanks