Ambient Light Option Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jazz05

Reaction score
Thanks Baja, Those are the same lights I have, I think I'll just add them to the panels I have ,gonna be a pain to cut in the mounting holes. Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The LED I attached the photo of in post #18 was removed from a center console storage bin; my truck already has the provision for that light, so that one will be an easy install. The method in which these lights mount with a twist in keyway doesn't make them the best choice for DIY installation without the proper panels, so yeah... that style will probably be a pain to install due to the cutout requirement.

The LEDs that are used to illuminate the front footwells would be a better DIY choice.

The photos in this post show the inboard kick panel that mounts to the front of the center console. This particular light would be the one to illuminate the drivers foot well. This model LED would be a little more DIY friendly because you could just drill an undersized hole and poke the head of the LED through it. The trim panel however does have a provision to angle the light downward towards the floor, so actually having the trim panel wouldn't be the least expensive option but make for the cleanest OEM looking installation.

Attachments

• IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 99
OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally installed these today. I'm assuming the night shots won't show up well, but I'll take some and post them later when it gets dark. They're multi-color, but I only connected the wires to make them illuminate cyan to match and come on with the instrument panel lights.

Attachments

• IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0928.jpg
    IMG_0928.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0929.jpg
    IMG_0929.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0931.jpg
    IMG_0931.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 114

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don't care for the cup holder lights at all, but I do like the footwell lighting. I picked up two of the panels that go forward of the center console that have the OEM color changing LEDs in them. I'm just going to use the blue + wire for the blue light only.

TRIM PANELS:
RH: AL3Z-1504608-AC
LH: AL3Z-1504609-AC

Where's the best place to buy these?

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got mine out of a crashed Harley Davidson truck, but Tasca and Tousley parts have the best new prices as far as I know.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear Console Trim with Ambient Light DL3Z-15045E24-BB

List Price: $610.72
You Save: $207.65 (34% off)
Sale Price: $403.07

Yeah RIGHT! Guess I'll be skipping the rear lighting!

Last edited:

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally installed these today. I'm assuming the night shots won't show up well, but I'll take some and post them later when it gets dark. They're multi-color, but I only connected the wires to make them illuminate cyan to match and come on with the instrument panel lights.

So which wires did you connect? My brain doesn't process "cyan"! LOL

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's four wires on each LED head:
Brown - Ground
Yellow w/ Blue - To illuminate blue
Yellow w/ Red - To illuminate red
Yellow w/ Green - To illuminate green

Obviously you ground the brown and then connect whatever other wires to +12V to illuminate the color you want. Red, green, and blue are obivious... if you want cyan/ice blue to match the IP lights connect both green and blue to +12V.

blue + green = cyan (aka ice blue)
blue + red = purple
green + red = yellow
blue + green + red = white