Ambient Cup Holder lighting - Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it doesnt have an on/off switch how does it light up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
T

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it doesnt have an on/off switch how does it light up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

if you tap power from the shift indicator light it will only come on with that comes on. You can run an inline switch as well so that you can turn it off if you don't want it on.

Magnum PI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be definitely interested. Keep us posted when you're ready to sell them. Great job by the way!!!

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the one installed with the dealer. Of which I'm not entirely happy with. The floorboard ones are nice but where they put the cup holder one doesn't do anything for the cup holders, unlike my friends sorrento. I understand I just related to a soccer dad car but his lighting is real cool. Also where they mounted the button is a little of an eye sore. Nothing I can do now though since they drilled holes. Ill get pictures later to warn everybody not to get this on the build sheet unless you hang over the installers shoulder the entire time.

OP
OP
T

TheDoubleAA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the one installed with the dealer. Of which I'm not entirely happy with. The floorboard ones are nice but where they put the cup holder one doesn't do anything for the cup holders, unlike my friends sorrento. I understand I just related to a soccer dad car but his lighting is real cool. Also where they mounted the button is a little of an eye sore. Nothing I can do now though since they drilled holes. Ill get pictures later to warn everybody not to get this on the build sheet unless you hang over the installers shoulder the entire time.

I totally agree, I got the ford aftermarket version for my wifes explorer and the footwells were decent but the cup holder very much sucked. For $400+ plus dealer install of $250 (wife loves her lighting), you'd expect a lot more especially with install :poop:.

The good news for you is that all you'll have to do is remove the bulb led's in your cup holders and re run or tap into the wires to your switch for this cup holder illumination plate addition to work. Shouldn't take more than 15 to 20 minutes to install. I try to make all of my designs as simplistic to install as possible and even after i create something I go back and make 4 other designs to figure out the easiest install design that will give the best look.

I'm also thinking for those that want multi color systems ie color changing that I'll go with a remote system instead of a push button set up so there are not hideous buttons to try and hide. This will also give you more options on colors and even give you options for show modes if you do so desire.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I may have finished products by the weekend but don't hold me to it, odds are next weekend will be better as I only work Monday- Thursday at day job and off for 7 days. My day job has me working tonight and tomorrow night and I still have one more major (very awesome, sorry can't give details yet) for a rear lighting system on the raptor before I turn the keys over to GOFASTROB on Sunday.