Alcantara/Suade Steering wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know we've brought this up in the past but just wondering if anyone has actually done it yet. I want it done in the WORST way, but haven't found anyone local, or that would do it for less than the budget for the Sputnik project.

Anyone?

- Travis

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever looked at the Caravaggio wheels and products? They do some pretty insane interior work! I'm not sure if they normally do Ford products since I usually see them on the Corvette forum I'm on, but it might be worth checking with them...

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall one of the vendors on the forum a few years ago was going to offer upgraded steering wheels but that whole project disappeared. An alcantara wheel would be pretty sweet though.

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever looked at the Caravaggio wheels and products? They do some pretty insane interior work! I'm not sure if they normally do Ford products since I usually see them on the Corvette forum I'm on, but it might be worth checking with them...

I'm on the vette forum as well (same name and see my sig). That company does great work but the price for anything they do is astronomical. I've still gotta pay for my vette's 4L80e rebuild so spending a fortune on truck stuff just isn't going to happen.

- Travis

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on the vette forum as well (same name and see my sig). That company does great work but the price for anything they do is astronomical. I've still gotta pay for my vette's 4L80e rebuild so spending a fortune on truck stuff just isn't going to happen.

- Travis

I've never bought any of their products, but I've heard it's pretty spendy...

I'm on the corvetteforum.com, under the same name too, and spend most of the time there between the C6Z06 section and the C2 section. I'm always amazed how much time I can waste on forums these days!! :facepalm:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The notion of covering a genuine leather covered steering wheel with something artificial reminds me of an observation someone shared with me long ago. He thought that it was ironic that back when cars came only with rubber floorboards people cut carpet remnants to put in the footwells, and when cars started coming out with carpeting from the factory people wanted to protect the carpet with rubber.