Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Interior Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Interior Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

110v outlet

This is a discussion on 110v outlet within the Ford Raptor Interior Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
hello all, just bought a 2014 SCREW and am wondering if anyone has ever install a 110v plug in the ...

User Tag List

Sponsored By: Special Vehicle Concepts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2017, 01:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default 110v outlet
hello all,

just bought a 2014 SCREW and am wondering if anyone has ever install a 110v plug in the void to the right on the HVAC controls on the center console? I thought i have seen a few other Raptors with these plugs installed from the factory. i have one in the back but would also like to have one up front.

thanks in advance

c0rehax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Install shouldn't be difficult, aside from the cutting of any trim to fit the outlet. Though depending on what you plan on running off of this outlet may determine if you just splice off of the nearby 12v outlet for power to inverter or run directly from battery/fuse box to an inline fuse and inverter depending on load requirements. I've done something similar on a old vehicle and ran it separate from the factory wiring from the battery to a fuse/inverter to an outlet, hardest part was just cutting the trim.
stevelp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So ironically, I bought my dad a Raptor Mobility Scooter which is a handicap mobility device for people who have a hard time walking around. It's super neat for what it is, and its name is obviously AWESOME lol.

Question - The Raptor Mobility Scooter uses a 12v battery and I want to take my dad with me to a camping trip. Will the inverter that comes with the 2017 Raptor have enough juice to charge the battery in a decent amount of time? We plan to do a lot of trails and he's going to need to charge it up after each one.

Here is where I bought it and the rating of the batteries and all that can be found here:

https://www.mobilityscootersdirect.c...ty-raptor.html

Thanks in advance!
sergio101bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Small problem with the thought for charging those two 75 AH deep cycle batteries. You would have to let your truck run the whole charge cycle. Sorry for the bad news but trying to charge two deep cycle batteries off your one non deep cycle battery just won't work. It is like trying to hook two dead batteries to your one and somehow charging both without draining the good one. It's a matter of energy storage and transfer.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I had a similar situation, so I just carry a small inverter style generator:
Honda 2,000-Watt Super Quiet Gasoline Powered Portable Inverter Generator with Eco-Throttle and Oil Alert-EU2000T1A1 - The Home Depot
They are pretty quiet, light weight and can run for a long time. That scooter needs 8 amps to charge, so a 2000 watt might be best if you power anything else. The inverter style provides a better sine wave for sensitive electronics, like TV's, computers, radios, etc.

Last edited by Skyfrog; 08-29-2017 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Fixed link
Skyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote