Towing with Supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loup62

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals I'm up in the air whether I want to go headers and a tune or supercharge my raptor. I really would like to supercharge it but I do some moderate to heavy towing now and then like a boat or trailer with tractor/atvs and sometimes long distance too. So I wanted to ask y'all with supercharged raptors or with the knowledge if its ok to do all that with a supercharged raptor? Sorry if this is a bit of a newb question new to the raptor/supercharger world.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see no issues with mine (Roush SC)other than additional power to tow the load. Passing when required is a breeze.

mike.s

Reaction score
I never towed anything with mine, but more power and torque, especially at lower RPMs can only help.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you supercharge you'll need a tune anyway, so you may as well add headers while your at it. Way easier to do it all at the same time. That will save you money in the long run.

Reaction score
I just phoned the shop the other day, that installed my supercharger/headers/tune and said no it will not affect it in any way other than more power and torque to pull a trailer. But of course follow all rated weight and stuff etc.
I was concerned too. And didn't know if a tune would affect the towing.

Also, side note. I went with both headers and super charger. You won't be dissapointed.
I wanted the sound to match the power of super charging. If you're dropping 12 G's on a supercharger what's the difference of 2 more G's for headers !

TheDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to increase fuel burn anytime you boost a vehicle so plan on your heavy loads costing even more. I towed our boat to the FL Keys and averaged 8 mpg. NA 6.2.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I just picked up my newly Roush supercharged raptor and towed my Jeep with it. It was only about 20 miles, but it towed great. I had to remember the sucker was there. I'm taking a trip to Yellowstone on Saturday and I'll be towing a small camper. I'll report my experience after I get back, but I expect more of the same. Thing just simply has significantly more power and it's extremely smooth.