TSB 13-6-8 Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 with 73,*** miles is beginning to have similar symptoms as these mentioned. The truck currently does have a tune and have had no problem with it 'till just recently with these issues. Would it be a good idea to remove the tune before taking it in to the dealership? Either way, I'm hoping the truck holds on strong as I do not have time to leave it at the dealership with TRR being next week! Still taking it into the dealership in the morning to see if they have time to run my vin under that TSB.

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sloppy first to 2nd shit, no cels

I noticed since I bought the truck that in normal every day mode if im driving easy after a full stop the shift from 1st to 2nd is really loose. Almost feels like it takes too much time to shift. It doesnt stay in first long its just a really soft shift like its trying to figure out what to do. On trailer/haul mode its alot better but not perfect. My bud ran the trans through his computer and theres no cels or bad pressure readings. It stays about 192f driving around like a normal person and the highest ive seen was 202f when I was ******** around. I have 37k on my 2013, should I just do a flush,run a better pan and go with Amsoil?

Thanks guys

Codys10147

Reaction score
I bought a used 2013 with 17,000 miles on it back in August of 2016 and it now has 23,000 on it and hadn't had any problems until March of this year. The first time I was heading home from work and stopped at a stop sign went to take off and it would barely start gaining speed the wrench light came on speedo didn't work and everything else was dashed out. I limped it home as I was only like a 1/4 mile from home, turned it off and back on and it seemed to be fine. I didn't think nothing of it til a month later in April when it acted up again twice in the same week. This time I did not get the wrench but I noticed it was shifting from 1st to 5th after coming to a stop. Tried putting it in manual and shifting that wouldn't work. I noticed I could clear the symptoms with cycling the key. I took it to the dealer a few days later and they keep it 4 or 5 days and said that it would not duplicate the symptoms and it had no error codes. I bought the Premium ESP 60 month 48,000 mile warranty so they didn't charge me.

2 weeks ago it started doing the same thing, twice in the same week wouldn't throw the wrench light and would clear with a key cycle. Well last night it done it but this time it wouldn't clear with turning it off and pulling the key tried it twice even waited for the screens to go off. Kept shifting from 1st to 5th so decided to try manual and it lets me keep it in 1st gear to get going then I try to shift to 2nd and does nothing and try again it goes to 3rd and the wrench light comes on goes off and everything is dashed out again and the speedo doesn't work so I limp it down to a red light put it in Drive and it takes off from a stop in 3rd shifts to 4th and 5th like it should. I notice it won't shift in 6th gear. I slow down for a stop sign and it down shifts to 3rd like it should but won't go to 2nd or 1st so I easily take my time to get it about 10 miles down the road to the dealer only having 3rd, 4th and 5th.

I get it to the dealer about 7:20 last night and they close at 8. I don't turn it off because I want someone to see it. I tell him that I've brought it in before and tell him about the TSB and he rights it up gets in it, and pulls it in and turns it off.

I'm afraid that once they turn it back on it will clear itself again and not be able to see any codes etc. Also I think my truck isn't showing up for this TSB because it says for vehicles manufactured on or before April 8th 2013 and my truck was made in June of 2013.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to go in detail what it's doing and it seems like this TSB would fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cody

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took video and drove to dealership. Told them to get in and assess it while it'd doing it and we went for a ride. it was fixed by next morning.

Codys10147

Reaction score
I talked to the dealer today and it suppose to be fixed. They told me they replaced the molded lead frame and they drove it a few miles to check and all was good. Going to pick it up in the morning.

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed since I bought the truck that in normal every day mode if im driving easy after a full stop the shift from 1st to 2nd is really loose. Almost feels like it takes too much time to shift. It doesnt stay in first long its just a really soft shift like its trying to figure out what to do. On trailer/haul mode its alot better but not perfect. My bud ran the trans through his computer and theres no cels or bad pressure readings. It stays about 192f driving around like a normal person and the highest ive seen was 202f when I was ******** around. I have 37k on my 2013, should I just do a flush,run a better pan and go with Amsoil?

Thanks guys

My AFE deep pan, 6 row cooler and
5-Star tune took care of that. Interesting side note tranmission hasnt gone over 135 yet. This is just street and highway driving, which seems low.

Bill

MotoX11B

Reaction score
I recently had the exact issue in TSB 13-6-8. It started in 5th and stayed in 5th until I turned off the truck and turned it back on again. I also saw the issue where the ODO goes to all dashes and the speedometer drops to 0 while driving. I had recently installed a pedal commander (+/- a month ago). I originally thought that was the culprit, as it turns out it was that pesky molded lead frame. Took it to Ford and it was covered by my extended power train warranty.

2012 Super Crew - 65000 miles

Moto

mdracer76

Reaction score
Can those that had this issue fixed, give me the details on the fix? my 2013 did this the other night. Shutting it off and on again 'reset' it.. I assume for now.

"pesky molded lead frame?"

smarsha11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can those that had this issue fixed, give me the details on the fix? my 2013 did this the other night. Shutting it off and on again 'reset' it.. I assume for now.

"pesky molded lead frame?"

I had this done a couple of months ago. Take it to a dealer along with a copy of the TSB and have them confirm if it applies. If so and you are under the extended coverage you will have no cost to replace the leadframe. It involves dropping the transmission pan and replacing the plastic unit that controls the solenoids. The whole job took a little over an hour and you get a free fluid flush.

Last edited: