Power Steering Solution Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Power Steering Reservoir Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got this in the mail and installed it today. Other than the fact that it took forever to get it I'm pretty happy. Had to send a couple nasty emails. I probably won't order anything from auto anything again but overall I'm happy

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto anything just sent me a 5 percent coupon and a 16 dollar refund that said sorry for our shipping delay. I know it's not much but at least they tried. That's more than a lot of businesses would do. So as far as I'm concerned they are okay in my book. Maybe it was just an honest mistake. Either way I got the icon cooler and res for 300 bucks new so I can't complain about that!

D

Deleted member 12951

I did finally get mine installed and flushed the system with AMSOIL synthetic. We switched the reservoir first and then put a hand pump to the return hose and put a hose on the new reservoir higher when we filled it up. I turned the steering wheel back and forth while a friend used a pump to suck it through (front end jacked up). Never had to start it. We thought we would and I pulled the notorious fuel pump fuse so the engine wouldn't start but it flushed so well we never went that route. It was very easy and didn't make a mess.

412dd41182fe279cc1909f79582a810b.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

How much fluid did it take to refill from empty?

I bought 6 quarts and thinking I would need 4 leaving me 2 spares. We ended up just needing 3 and I am pretty sure we really didn't need that but wanted to make sure. I only have 27k miles so my fluid didn't look that dirty. We never ran it dry as heard that is bad even though we never started the engine. It did whine a lot in the beginning after we got done and finally started the truck which concerned me but after working it, it went away. We did have to add more when it was working the air out. I have 2.5 spare quarts now.