Whipple vs roush vs hellion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbrewster4

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm looking for opinions on which to go with. Whipple or roush superchargers, or hellion turbo kit. Anyone with experience good or bad with any of these products would help. I like the hellion kit because it comes with headers and more power potential with a good custom tune, but i also like how the whipple and roush are more tested even if they do not make the same power without more bolt ons.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't heard much good feedback on the hellion kit, there are still some tuning issues with high hp raptors, so far the only thing I've heard is people who were glad to take it off and some positive feedback from a guy trying to sell his but what else can you say when you're trying to sell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have not heard much on the hellion either. Sounds badass. Whipple over Roush in my opinion hands down. More power, and same price, and a lot more of them out there for feedback. I have alittle over 700hp at the crank, and 535 rw. That's about the max I believe.

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only experience i have are with the Roush and Whipple set ups. The Whipple makes more power but the drivabilty leaves a ton to be desired. Roush makes less but it drives as it is supposed to EVERY TIME.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm currently driving a whipple'd truck and like all vehicles which are forced induction after the factory, the tune is key. The tune on the truck I'm driving is spot on and there are no issues at all with drivability.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Depends on what you can get for a better price. If the difference isn't that much I'd get the whipple though. When you're comparing, make sure it's apples to apples (i.e. both have upgraded heat exchanger, throttle body, etc...)

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I Agree with Jordan!

Any complaints from one or two of the Whipple guys, that had negative feedback are the ones that modified out side the parameters of the base Tune was designed for.
And then expected to have Tuners pay to make their mods work.
I have a few videos posted up of daily driving a Whipple.
And there one to two years old, the Tunes are even better now with more HP.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lbrewster4

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, what kinda numbers are people getting with headers on the whipple? And how bad is the noise. I do a lot of interstate driving with my truck and pull a boat quite a bit. Do not want something that is terribly loud.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Turbos do make more efficient power but often the combinations are more difficult to tune properly for good driveability. It takes the fun out of owning a 600+ HP vehicle.

On the other hand a Supercharger makes very good power and instant TQ which is what you want for a 6,000+lb truck.

We have two very proven combinations with our Roush 650HP and Whipple 650HP kit. Both kits are very well put together and make about the same amount of power that your stock engine can handle. The Whipple is a larger unit and allows for further upgrade-ablility to make more power if a proper fuel system and built engine are installed.

If you have any questions feel free to contact our team at 732-780-0770.

JimIII@JDM

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure you don't get the Whipple kit with the 60lb injectors, word is they are very difficult to tune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free