What do you run for Tire Pressure on/off road???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highway Tire pressure

Hey Guys & Gals

For you owners that have some milage on your factory tires, at what tire pressure are you getting the most even wear and handling on the pavement. I don't have alot of miles racked up yet, and wanted advice for good wear.

Thanks

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IIRC factory recommended tire pressure is 44 psi front and rear (cold). I suspect that will be the optimum pressure for "even wear and handling on the pavement".

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I agree w/ Dan...I would leave the rear about 40psi to try and absorb some of the harsh ride.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got around 16K on mine now and have run the recommended 44 psi. Main thing is regular tire rotations. I rotate every 3k and tires are still at 70% tread life.

FSM

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I think I will try 40 in the rear. I have noticed that the tread blocks on the outside are much less "dirty" than those in the center. This makes sense as there is a lot more weight on the front and I have been driving around unloaded. I will just have to check the pressure when I have a load and after I rotate tires.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i would suggest running at 44 all around. the tire has its own psi ratings, but the door jamb says 44 cold, run 44 cold no questions asked.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
^^^Correct^^^ Don't ever go by the "max rating" on the tire, go by what the door jam sticker says. I've got 4500 mi. on mine now and have been running 42psi all around with no problems.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run 42 to 44 psi all around and rotate my tires every 5k miles...i also use nitrofill...which does help.

I initially had my tires filled with nitrogene when i brought it new...no alarms, psi was at 44 all the way till my next oil change...after my oil change, i noticed a damaged tire and so on and got it replaced. the dealership that replaced my tire did not fill them back up with nitrogene...i got a TPMS light on my dash 2k miles later...brought my truck in, got the tires rotated and refilled with nitrogene....they basically refill with nitrogene for the life of the vehicle at nitrofill. Its suppose to be free when purchasing a new truck or whatever at spradley barr ford...

but i never get any alarms and my MPG seem to be on par for my elevation.

10k miles on my truck so far.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
prolly not that significant...but nitrogene doesnt increase or decrease with ambient temps...and keeps moisture out, which help prevent increase or decrease in tire pressure. Might be full of ****, but i do know we use nitrogene to dehydrate refrigeration systems at work, and it was free...so i dont see how it can be any different from your tires. here is the link:

http://www.nitrofill.com/