Transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jfreeze

Reaction score
I have a 2011 S crew 6.2 with 82,000 miles. Recently had trans flushed at dealer because I was experiencing "chirping sound when shifting" Tech advised that the fluid breaks down etc. soon thereafter I started getting a Dead pedal when downshifting after slowing down, the trans try's to go from say 4th to 1st & figures out speed is too fast for 1st gear & gives me dead pedal which quickly goes away and resumes as normal once it figures out what gear to choose. I also am experiencing hard downshifting from high gear to say 3 or 4th, & a delayed or exaggerated 3-4 up shift ( like an old C6 transmission)Ford diagnosed it as possible TB problem, which I replaced with a BBK & actually like a lot but did not fix problems. Any input or help is appreciated

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First flush after 82k miles? These things need to be flush either regularly, or never, I've heard plenty of horror stories of trans failure shortly after first flush at a high milage. The other thing it could be is the valve body in the trans.

OP
OP
Jfreeze

Jfreeze

Reaction score
Ok the flush was actually done at 75,000 miles, which is over recommended interval by 15,000 & water under the bridge. Besides stating the obvious has anyone out there experienced these symptoms before? I am suspecting shift solenoids, molded lead into the transmission, or ECM/TCM. I am not covered by any warranties so don't want to just start throwing money at it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As T_J mentioned I think it is the valve body, do some more research, but that was a common problem with which you are describing. I haven't done my tranny yet @90,000 miles currently.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2011 S crew 6.2 with 82,000 miles. Recently had trans flushed at dealer because I was experiencing "chirping sound when shifting" Tech advised that the fluid breaks down etc. soon thereafter I started getting a Dead pedal when downshifting after slowing down, the trans try's to go from say 4th to 1st & figures out speed is too fast for 1st gear & gives me dead pedal which quickly goes away and resumes as normal once it figures out what gear to choose. I also am experiencing hard downshifting from high gear to say 3 or 4th, & a delayed or exaggerated 3-4 up shift ( like an old C6 transmission)Ford diagnosed it as possible TB problem, which I replaced with a BBK & actually like a lot but did not fix problems. Any input or help is appreciated

Hi Jfreeze,

It might be wise to return to the dealership so they can take a look at these new symptoms. If that's something you decide to do, let me know; I'll be happy to step in and do what I can to assist.

Crystal

OP
OP
Jfreeze

Jfreeze

Reaction score
Thanks Crystal

All of these symptoms were originally recorded when the diagnosis came back as the Throttle body. I actually had the shop foreman ride with me. The dealership that I took it to is where I bought the truck new for sticker price. I can't say that I was ever thrilled with the way it shifted since new, but now it is definitely something that needs to be fixed. I'm not sure if it should go back to them or what ? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Jason

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Crystal

All of these symptoms were originally recorded when the diagnosis came back as the Throttle body. I actually had the shop foreman ride with me. The dealership that I took it to is where I bought the truck new for sticker price. I can't say that I was ever thrilled with the way it shifted since new, but now it is definitely something that needs to be fixed. I'm not sure if it should go back to them or what ? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Jason

Hi Jason,

I'd recommend returning to the initial dealership that first performed the work, however, you are welcome to visit any Ford Dealership for service. If you'd like, I can arrange for your regional customer service manager (CSM) to give you a call. To make that happen, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred servicing dealership.

Crystal

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a strange sound under hard load and downshift; they added "friction additive" per a TSB and it was solved.