6.2 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I inquired with my shop about doing the 6.2 into my Mustang and their reply was the 6.2 will cost more to do and give you no HP advantage if using a 5.0 Coyote and they are one of the best tuners in the country. I really want a 13-14 5.8 but can't find one and performance parts for the 6.2 are just not available. We thought about putting a 6.8 V10 in our Bronco but again no aftermarket goodies so why waste money. Take the 5.0 add a Whipple and you'll forget about the 6.2

Reaction score
OK the previous owner of my Raptor Swapped a F250 6.2L into my 2010 Ford Raptor 6.2. This was nothing but issues, it has been a disaster. Even Livernois Motorsports couldnt do anything to fix my RAPTOR. Do not do this just to save 500 bucks on a new motor. Stupid mistake on his part.

O2 sensors do not connect
CAM isn't the same so the timing is off
EATS thru oil
2ND and 4Th gear have gone out on the Valve body
Random MISS-shifts
NO power

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK the previous owner of my Raptor Swapped a F250 6.2L into my 2010 Ford Raptor 6.2. This was nothing but issues, it has been a disaster. Even Livernois Motorsports couldnt do anything to fix my RAPTOR. Do not do this just to save 500 bucks on a new motor. Stupid mistake on his part.

O2 sensors do not connect
CAM isn't the same so the timing is off
EATS thru oil
2ND and 4Th gear have gone out on the Valve body
Random MISS-shifts
NO power

The bold really has nothing to do with it being a super duty motor.

The cams are different, but with a proper tune, that wouldn't matter and wouldn't be the cause of the other issues.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see a whole host of issues with your truck.
Do you even know which PCM he left in the truck? Most likely the original Raptor one.
With the cams being different, torque specs are going to be off and TCM in the PCM is getting incorrect values.
O2's are probably broken wires.

Sounds like a big headache and a money pit, I hope you can get it fixed.

Last edited: