6.2 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

73f250

Reaction score
I know the 6.2 aren't the best engine out for modding but I wanna do something unique and stay away from the ls and coyote swap trend . Mmr make a forge block for the 6.2 for about 6k and hellion sells the turbo kit for 8k+ i know that it's not gonna be cheap but it's always something I wanted to do for my first truck, gotta keep it special.

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

I would probably take it to a shop since I don't have the experience with swapping a different motor. I've seen that fox body with the 6.2 at the track he's running a manual transmission which is badass fast little car lol

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know the 6.2 aren't the best engine out for modding but I wanna do something unique and stay away from the ls and coyote swap trend . Mmr make a forge block for the 6.2 for about 6k and hellion sells the turbo kit for 8k+ i know that it's not gonna be cheap but it's always something I wanted to do for my first truck, gotta keep it special.

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

I would probably take it to a shop since I don't have the experience with swapping a different motor. I've seen that fox body with the 6.2 at the track he's running a manual transmission which is badass fast little car lol

Wasn't aware of the MMR shortblock. Thanks for posting. I'll keep that in mind in case my factory shortblock grenades (as mentioned, my truck is currently getting a whipple, but I also went with 60 lb/hr fuel injectors, a monoblade TB, a 3.125" pulley, and a wide open exhaust system so there's a fair chance she'll blow up according to some people I've spoken to).

As for the Hellion, I looked far and wide for info on this kit but I couldn't find anyone who wanted to tune for it. None of the reputable shops I talked to wanted to touch it.

If money is no object, then by all means, go for it. I'm sure you can make it work.

As for me, I no longer have any interest in paying for people to learn on my truck.

Again, I recommend an LS or coyote swap. You'll get more power both more reliably and for less money.

mike.s

Reaction score
Wasn't aware of the MMR shortblock. Thanks for posting. I'll keep that in mind in case my factory shortblock grenades (as mentioned, my truck is currently getting a whipple, but I also went with 60 lb/hr fuel injectors, a monoblade TB, a 3.125" pulley, and a wide open exhaust system so there's a fair chance she'll blow up according to some people I've spoken to).

As for the Hellion, I looked far and wide for info on this kit but I couldn't find anyone who wanted to tune for it. None of the reputable shops I talked to wanted to touch it.

If money is no object, then by all means, go for it. I'm sure you can make it work.

As for me, I no longer have any interest in paying for people to learn on my truck.

Again, I recommend an LS or coyote swap. You'll get more power both more reliably and for less money.

Are you upgrading the oil pump gear?

I had the monoblade and it's a great TB, but it can be difficult to tune for. My RPMs would jump up and down a lot when stopping at a light. I ended up downsizing to the twin 68.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you upgrading the oil pump gear?

I had the monoblade and it's a great TB, but it can be difficult to tune for. My RPMs would jump up and down a lot when stopping at a light. I ended up downsizing to the twin 68.

I'm doing the billet oil pump gears, yes.

I'm also adding the CBR radiator to try to keep everything cool.

I have a lot of confidence in my tuner but if there are any issues I don't mind dropping down to a twin (though I may try the 71).

Lastly, even though I didn't want to rice up the interior, I ordered fuel pressure, air/fuel, and a bunch of other gauges (along with a dimmer switch so I could keep a low profile) so I could keep an eye on everything.

Worst case it blows up and I build a larger shortblock ;)

mike.s

Reaction score
I'm doing the billet oil pump gears, yes.

I'm also adding the CBR radiator to try to keep everything cool.

I have a lot of confidence in my tuner but if there are any issues I don't mind dropping down to a twin (though I may try the 71).

Lastly, even though I didn't want to rice up the interior, I ordered fuel pressure, air/fuel, and a bunch of other gauges (along with a dimmer switch so I could keep a low profile) so I could keep an eye on everything.

Worst case it blows up and I build a larger shortblock ;)

You could also do **** injection. Helps with detonation. I wish I'd had more time to enjoy my 707hp **** injected Raptor. I also did an ATI super damper. Over 12lbs of boost lol.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could also do **** injection. Helps with detonation. I wish I'd had more time to enjoy my 707hp **** injected Raptor. I also did an ATI super damper. Over 12lbs of boost lol.

What did yours put down at the rear? How long did you have it? Any issues? Can you send me a link to the ATI damper?

I was just planning to run a bottle of octane boost at every fill up. Not really interested in another tank/lines to worry about.

Any other thoughts?

*edit* - I'm also still working on a dual catch can solution.

mike.s

Reaction score
What did yours put down at the rear? How long did you have it? Any issues? Can you send me a link to the ATI damper?

I was just planning to run a bottle of octane boost at every fill up. Not really interested in another tank/lines to worry about.

Any other thoughts?

*edit* - I'm also still working on a dual catch can solution.

566 hp and 581 tq at the wheels.

ATI - Super Dampers® for Ford Engines

I ordered the super damper directly from ATI over the phone. I got the 12% overdrive model which adds about 2 lbs of boost. With my 3.25" pulley my max boost was over 12. Besides adding boost, the super damper reduces the crankshaft vibrations which protects your engine.

I'm glad I had the **** at those boost levels. When I was at 9.5 lbs, my tuner saw knocking. With the **** kit, there was no knocking at 12.5 lbs. I had the pure **** kit from Alky Control.

Unfortunately, I can't really comment on reliability. I only had the **** kit and super damper for about a month before I turned my Raptor into a pancake.