My wet Roush Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

It's funny every time I've been off-roading and seen puddles I've always made a beeline towards them but since seeing some of your guys horror stories I avoid them at all cost and even turn around if I have to. Unless I see other people and just watch them like they're my guinea pigs and see how they do going through it lol.

In the supplement Raptor owner's manual on page 20, it suggest checking depth of any mud hole and water crossing.

I believe is also states to take the off-road trail slowly at first until you are familiar with the terrain and how your trucks handles it. I think I skipped that page or two....LOL

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the supplement Raptor owner's manual on page 20, it suggest checking depth of any mud hole and water crossing.

I believe is also states to take the off-road trail slowly at first until you are familiar with the terrain and how your trucks handles it. I think I skipped that page or two....LOL

Lol I'll have to bring that in the house with me so I can read it while I'm taking a dump. I tend to retain more info when I read while dumping lol. :poop:

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The numbers are this..
I can walk away and they will payout $65,023 . Bank gets $42,500 of that because that is what I owe. I get the rest and have to go find another ride.
I can keep the truck as salvage and they will payout $49,468 . Bank still gets $42,500 of course. So, I then have my wet R Raptor with $7k or so for repairs and no truck payment.
Which way I go will rest on the results of the dealer replacing the inside fuse box. That's the $560 repair I spoke of. Hope to hear the results of this repair on Friday...

Take the money and run! Use that $20k for a down payment on a truck that's already been built or roushed or whippled.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The numbers are this..
I can walk away and they will payout $65,023 . Bank gets $42,500 of that because that is what I owe. I get the rest and have to go find another ride.
I can keep the truck as salvage and they will payout $49,468 . Bank still gets $42,500 of course. So, I then have my wet R Raptor with $7k or so for repairs and no truck payment.
Which way I go will rest on the results of the dealer replacing the inside fuse box. That's the $560 repair I spoke of. Hope to hear the results of this repair on Friday...

This seems like a no brainer, but I've been accused of not having a brain so ponder it... They'll pay off the truck, give you $7,000 to play with, and you keep the truck??? Yes please! Even if you got discouraged next week, truck as a part out or off road build is worth the $13,000 to make up the difference. That truck would make an awesome build and I'm betting it could be running for less than $7,000. And you own it free and clear.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This seems like a no brainer, but I've been accused of not having a brain so ponder it... They'll pay off the truck, give you $7,000 to play with, and you keep the truck??? Yes please! Even if you got discouraged next week, truck as a part out or off road build is worth the $13,000 to make up the difference. That truck would make an awesome build and I'm betting it could be running for less than $7,000. And you own it free and clear.

Running and 100% are two different things. Lol.

Deduct the engine replacement and my total insurance claim was still at $12k.

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg