My wet Roush Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
I'll be curious to see what they say about the Roush. I have a 2014 Roush SE and I've often heard that the Roush addition, even when purchased from a dealer is worth pennies on the dollar.

I'd involve an attorney before I'd accept that. I could see them doing that if it were after market upgrades after I purchased it.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It wouldn't be hard to prove market value on it.

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your responses. Knowledge is power.. i'm certainly more informed than I was 24 hours ago. I'm obviously in the early stages of my ordeal but I will post my progress as things progress.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

I hope the poor sap you sold it to want a close friend or relative! j/k
Thanks for your time in replying and providing other resources to consider..
In humor though, a mostly ok 2014 roush raptor will still kick the shit out of anything else out there.. :)

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Not at all and thank you. The fact that i am a rookie had more to do with it I'm sure.
Any update?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=934892
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

VOTE VOTE VOTE
https://polldaddy.com/poll/9218785/
For your favorite five.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Here is an update.
I have the truck at a local Ford shop. They did an initial investigation and found the kick panel fuse panel in need of replacement. Cost for this $560.
Insurance company, without even having a 2nd look at the vehicle balked and reverted to their initial total loss stance.
Spoke with a total loss adjuster yesterday. She came up with a walk away buyout of $59,100. That includes taxes and minus my $500 Deductable. To keep the vehicle as salvage they would pay $44,010. When you go this route you loose the tax pay back. Salvage value they gave is $11,240.
These numbers, as I had expected were without regard that my Raptor is a Roush. I explained this to the adjuster and she listened and seem to understand. She sent my claim for a review by another department that handles "unique" claims like this.
She called back today and gave me a new walk away # of $65,023.
I consider that a fair amount. Even better they left the salvage value the same.
After getting these #'s today I called my Ford service guy and told him to proceed on my dime to do the $560 repair of the parts I mentioned above. If this repair does wonders and show great promise I may keep it as salvage. If, on the other hand it just shows a mess of other issues I'll walk away having only gambled $560 to see what is behind door # 2!
Any feedback on those #'s or advice is still appreciated and I will post an update after they replace the inner fuse box.

D

Deleted member 12951

So let me get this straight. They will write you a check for $44k and you get to keep the truck. And you spend only $560 to hopefully fix it?

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd sign that quickly. If they would have offered that to me when I put mine in water I would be driving a pretty tricked out Raptor by now.