6.2+5.4 How to externally tell the difference.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GasGasMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a way to tell the difference between a 6.2L and a 5.4L, from the outside.

Anyone care to guess?

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a way to tell the difference between a 6.2L and a 5.4L, from the outside.

Anyone care to guess?

The 5.4L is slower?

The front end on a 6.2L sags a little due to the extra weight?

Exhaust noise/tone difference?

Exhaust manifold differences noticed through the fender/tire wells?

That is all I got right now.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, must be that big ass smile on the 6.2 drivers faces. We all know how unhappy the 5.4 owners are.

sheesh.jpg

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh my God people give it up already. are you all that insecure about your **** sizes that you just have to try to prove that the 6.2 is sooooo much better than the 5.4? I mean it's not like the 6.2 can go more places and do more than the 5.4 right? the only dif. is that it has a slightly bigger engine and it goes a little bit faster that is all. please just give it up already they are all FORD F-150 SVT Raptors in the end and that is all that should matter.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove my first 6.2 L yesterday. Tuxedo black, loaded. I put it through the paces on an access road north of town. Here is my impression..........................I'll keep my 5.4L. Was not all that impressed with the 6.2L given the hype. I'm quite certain the 5.4L will stay with it out of the hole till about 35-45 mph at which point the 6.2 will rise to the occasion. The transmission felt NO different, shifted just as promptly to 2nd gear and shift points felt nearly identical. ( note: trans has not had time to fully adapt)

Actually, I noticed that the exhaust tips looked smaller on the 6.2L to me.

FSM

P.S. not trying to disappoint any of you 6.2L waiters as I know you will be thrilled with the truck, these statements are JMHO!

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok may sound like sour grapes but when I saw the HP and TQ peaks on the 6.2 I decided it was not worth the extra scratch... if it was a $1000 option then maybe but otherwise...

Would I rather have it? yeah, but I gotta agree with FSM again... looks liike the trucks are going to be real close off the line, which is what I am worried about.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gheeze-o-pete! You guys are a bit touchy about the 6.2/5.4 issue <G>. I've owned a 5.4 for about 8 years... I know what it can do, and what it has difficulty doing. The Raptor was designed with the 6.2L as the powerplant.

View attachment 353

I sure didn't think stating that this motor will make me smile would incur all the wrath that it did. And just for the record DJ... I have nothing to prove about my **** size. I also think that spending 2,250 on this motor is just a drop in a $43,000 bucket.

Falcon