Supercharge the 6.2 or save money for 2017 Raptor?

6.2L supercharged or save for the 2017 raptor

• Supercharged it

Votes: 99 73.9%
  • Wait for the 2017

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • keep it stock and keep it forever

Votes: 14 10.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No not yet mostly because I want to install the header I have for it at the same time and I know how much of a pain in the ass they are so I keep pussing out lol. Plus dealing with the shattered rear window on the truck and all the stuff I've been trying to do on my white truck there just isn't enough time in the day. I just need to stop working and spend all day playing with my trucks lol. Plus I've been waiting for a phone call from you volunteering to come down and help me with it. I just checked my phone again and still nothing. :ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

phone works both ways ya know

D

Deleted member 17706

If you get behind the wheel of a 6.2 with a whipple.... The choice will be made for you! Enough said!

Big Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple 700HP Kit

After having JDM install the Whipple Supercharger on my 2013 it's like having a new truck. The power is absolutely awesome my only regret is not doing it sooner.

Big Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll let JimIII from JDM answer that question they probably installed more superchargers kits on Raptors than anyone else! The reason I say that is because they offer so many different options to their base Supercharger Kit. They are very competitive with the kits and optional goodies. Where JDM stands alone is after all your hard earned money is spent and your Supercharger is installed that's when they truly shine Jim Sr. is the king of tuning he will do a street tune that gets the most power and best performance with superb drive ability. If you are looking for something that will spine the tiers at launch and chirp the tiers 2nd-3rd &4th with balls to the walls power he can do that too. He is the
"Raptor Whisperer"
Give Jim III or Nick a call (732)-780-0770 great guys and will be happy to answer all your questions about installation of the coolest mod you will ever do.
I'm pretty sure they have a Black Friday sale coming up soon.
Good luck let us know how you make out ?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My plans are to keep my 13 and play and play and play and play.....the 18/19 will be for dinner out with the wife. Never buy the 1st year release! Cake and eaten! :)

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How much is the average install cost to have it done at a shop?

Well depends on the kit but generally with our Whipple 650 package $7395 + 2 days labor and dyno time. Which is about $2500 in our shop. Most customers usually get exhaust, suspension, or other upgrades when installing the blower so that stuff will add to the cost of course but you can figure about $10K to cover the Supercharger job.

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would keep it stock and run it into the ground in stock motor configuration! I expect I will get a Gen 2 at some point, but don't want the first year of the 10 speed transmission - let them sort that out first.

Supercharger will be great, but to me not a mid life mod for the truck, just too much stress on things that already have some miles on them, so may alter your reliability.

Once the new truck is out and established then if you like the new truck, you just tossed $10k out the window on the supercharger, that could be used for modding the new truck.

I like to do all my mods in the first 5k of the trucks life, so I get to enjoy them start to finish.

Nice this is here is not bad choice of the 3 you are considering.

Last edited:

Steelhead

Reaction score
If you get behind the wheel of a 6.2 with a whipple.... The choice will be made for you! Enough said!

Agree. I recently got into a new truck with a Roush Stage 2 supercharger.
All I can say is "OUTFRIGGINSTANDING" I would rather have a SC 6.2, mean as hell, than something akin to a rice burner you find on a car. Guarantee, you will not be disappointed.