Supercharge the 6.2 or save money for 2017 Raptor?

6.2L supercharged or save for the 2017 raptor

• Supercharged it

Votes: 99 73.9%
  • Wait for the 2017

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • keep it stock and keep it forever

Votes: 14 10.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had to choose between the two, what would you go with and why?

Last edited:

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Supercharge it AND keep it forever. While the 2017+ will be another great truck, I do not believe it will have the same "rawness" the current gen is capable of. Don't get me wrong, the next gen will perform, but the '10-'14 will always have a place in my heart.

With that said, hit me up for a Whipple! :ROFLJest:

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tough call for me.

Turbo will always beat a supercharger in my mind.

Plus, it will be set up for boost from the factory.

Tough call.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supercharge for sure. First year of any new redesign will almost always have issues to work out, and tweaks will be made. Plus the 6.2 will become a little bit of a "collector", since they are not making anymore in the Raptor. Easy decision IMO. Keep the truck forever. Wait and save up and buy a 19.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You know my suggestion :)

We have sold tons of Whipple and Roush kits to our Raptor customers on the fact that not many are happy about the Ecoboost engine in the 2017. Nothing beats a blown 6.2L in my book. They are just so much more fun to drive like that, you'll never understand how you drove your truck with out a blower! Let us know if you have any questions, we've probably installed more superchargers kits on Raptors than anyone else!

JimIII
732-780-0770

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the looks are nice on the new 17 but im not all for the square look, I really love my 13 and have put a good grip of money into it already so might as well keep building till im satisified.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@cbcgeneral is your supercharger on yet?

No not yet mostly because I want to install the header I have for it at the same time and I know how much of a pain in the ass they are so I keep pussing out lol. Plus dealing with the shattered rear window on the truck and all the stuff I've been trying to do on my white truck there just isn't enough time in the day. I just need to stop working and spend all day playing with my trucks lol. Plus I've been waiting for a phone call from you volunteering to come down and help me with it. I just checked my phone again and still nothing. :ROFLJest::ROFLJest: